News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Lithium Soap Based Grease

Started by motomadness, March 23, 2003, 04:14:57 PM

motomadness

Does anyone know if Lithium Soap Based Grease is the same as common White Lithium Grease?

I am desparately trying to seal up my motor and need to purchase the correct (or sufficient) grease.

TZDeSioux

ah.... I see that you've been reading your manual. Don't worry about the lithium soap based grease. I've used both white lithium grease and mobil 1 synthetic racing grease to assemble my motor. Any grease will work for the oil seal lips.

chris_chops

Quoteah.... I see that you've been reading your manual. Don't worry about the lithium soap based grease. I've used both white lithium grease and mobil 1 synthetic racing grease to assemble my motor. Any grease will work for the oil seal lips.

Homo!

TZDeSioux

chris_chops

QuoteTiny!

Uh oh!  Don't go there...................

motomadness

Thanks Super_Duck.  

Hey check out my web site: //www.p3aracing.com

TZDeSioux

Sean.. cool website. Your bike looks good!

Matt,
I won't go there for your sake. :) Looks like tuesday is the day I go pick up my bike. Call me tomorrow

motomadness

Thanks.  Wait until I get my bodywork back from the painter (Craig Schock).  He painted the whole thing a silver with metallic flakes.  I can't wait to see it.

You know, after all of the time I have spent on this bike, I just hope the darn thing runs well enough for me to start the season under my Aprilia times, preferably close to the :20-:22 lap times.

TZDeSioux

20-22's??? you bringin a knife to a gun fight chief!  ;D

motomadness

20-22's for the season start.  I want to be within the 17's by the end of May.

TZDeSioux

that's pretty fast for season start. I think 24's will be good for first weekend on a green cold track. I'm hoping to do some 24's the first weekend and 18's by season's end.  ;)