News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Pics are up

Started by MightyDuc Racing, March 22, 2003, 01:54:22 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Pics from Moroso and the pictures of the blown motor are up in the gallery section of my website.

www.mightyducracing.com
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Nate R

Wow, thats such a scary sight, the lack of piston.  :o

Good job with the site, I really like it. But, I wish the intro had a skip button.  But, it;s not like its a 2 minute intro
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

MightyDuc Racing

www.mightyducracing.com/home.html

try that    ;)

And thanks for the input.  I always wanted my own website, just never had anything worth puttin gon one until now. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

duc995@aol.com

Hey Duc...checked out your site.  Very Nice ;D

I would suggest, however, that racing a Ducati such as yours doesn't keep with your goal of keeping the budget under control :-[  Why did you decide to race a Ducati if the budget was so tight?  Just curious...no offense intended.

You should try an Aprilia RS 250 or a TZ 250 if you really want to win the GPlights/LW GP classes...

MightyDuc Racing

I just love Ducati's....can't help it.  Actually, this bike is great for those classes, though.  It keeps the same kind of corner speed as some of the lighter bikes.  I went into turn one at moroso on the inside of an expert motard rider and even he thought i was gonna crash...but the bike just stuck there and then i have a big motor advantage on most of the other bikes....i love this bike!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

duc995@aol.com

I love Ducatis too, and have been a loyal fan since 1994, but they are friggin' expensive and unreliable!  I ALWAYS bring a second bike to a track event when bringing my 916 as this is the ONLY bike that has ever broken down at the track.  

Get ready to empty your wallet!

I just would hate to see your wife pull the plug on your racing dreams due to financial crisis ;)

MightyDuc Racing

Actually, I had somebody at the track try to buy this bike from me after we broke and she whispered to me that she'd kick my butt if I sold it.  She loves this bike too, I guess.   :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

duc995@aol.com

She's a keeper! ;D

My wife bought me my first Ducati as a surprise!  Walked me right in with the bike on a stand and a BIG red bow...everyone wanted to know if she had a sister they could marry!

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteMy wife bought me my first Ducati as a surprise!

I guess I'd better find my wife a better job!! ;D

duc995@aol.com

You wouldn't mind if she bought you a new bike with your own money, would you...?   :D

After all, your money is her money, and her money is your money!

MightyDuc Racing

I have to buy her this chair for the formal living room that goes with her couch as a trade...lol.  Probably costs almost as much as the damn rebuild! ;D  Still a good trade in my book...now if I can just get her to let me go in that room and be able to sit on the ultra cool furniture in there. :P
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

james-redsv

I would have to agree with duc955, your bike is going to kill your budget this year. I own 3 ducatis( 750F1, ST2, 853, as well as my race SV650 and the bike you have is a tempermental little bike. It sounds just like my F1. I would suggest at the least learning to check the valves and doing as much maintance yourself. Your bike probally has very high lift cams and thoses are very hard on the valve shims. That means very frequent valve adjustments and if you dont do it yourself, well you know $$$ ;) Also the big cams are very hard on the closer shim half rings, this could lead to a dropped valve if not checked often, very bad. I hope the guy who sold you the bike told you all this, he should have, if he didnt be warned. :( The newer superbikes 748/9xx series are much more reliable if you replace the rockers with megacycle rockers, keep an eye on the belts and some other little things, otherwise they are pretty solid and I plan on racing my 853 in the supertwins class this year.  If I had to guess you could almost buy a nice SV650 to race in the LW GP, SS and Superbike class for what its going to cost to rebuild your bike, and you can win on the SV. I hope Im not sounding negitive as I love Ducatis too, but the bike you have just doesnt make sense to race on a regular basis. This is how Im going about it this year. SV650 in 2 classes, trying for a champingship in AM LW SS and superbike.  I love my 853 Ducati and want to race it as well, but I know if I crash or the motor breaks Im in for bunches of money. So im only going to race it in one class and my goal is just to stay out of trouble on it and have fun. Im using the SV as the race workhorse, you just put gas in them and go. I dont mean to discourage you, just trying to help open the eyes of a fellow racer. Im planning on being at Jennings in May and I will look you up. James AM #961