News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Where to get numbers that meet size requirements?

Started by lbk, March 21, 2003, 06:13:11 AM

lbk

Ok so little more help. Where in the world can I find the numbers in the size that CCS requires? Aren't they like 8" or something like that?

sdiver68

Yes, 8" (or 6" for the rear I believe).  Lockhardt Phillips sells them.

Last year when I realized I was too late to order I printed some with a laser printer and sticker type printer stock :)  cover with clear tape and instant numbers :)

Many times they sell them at the track.

MCRA Race School Instructor

Dawn

Tom Mason - MRT usually has them at the track.

Dawn   :)

tshort

If you are in southeastern Wisconsin, try Torque Center or Lake Country Motor Sports.  Also, there's a place that will do custom numbers for you:

Stickers & Stuff
2721 S 108 - Hwy 100, just north of National Ave - in strip  mall. phone 604-2212 - , noon-8 Mon-Sat.
Troy: $25 for 1 set 8" and 2 sets 6"
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

lbk

Thanks everyone. I found a sign shop closer to me that does them for  $25 too.

davegsxrold929r

QuoteThanks everyone. I found a sign shop closer to me that does them for  $25 too.

$25 ouch  ,,. i will sell you some for that price ., go to a local bike shop they have them it is like $3 for 3ina package of each number ... so for $9 you have 3 complete sets to do the bike.,.,

Super_KC124

You should be able to get 100% brand number sets at your local bike shop. You'll have to cut the serifs off the 1's. CCS is so silly sometomes. ;D

lbk

The $25 was for 1 set of 8" and two sets of 6"

I haven't found anything local that has both 8" and 6" in a package. Found 4" no problem but anything larger gets hard to find.

TZDeSioux

Go to an art supply shop. By a sheet of black vinyl sticker stock. Draw your own numbers and cut it out. It'll cost you $10 max and you can make way more than 3 sets of 8 inch numbers. Or just order from LP. A package of 3 pro digits is $3

OmniGLH

QuoteMany times they sell them at the track.

LOL... just don't buy the ones that BHF sells  ;)  They don't pass tech.  DanO and I found that out the hard way last year...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

davegsxrold929r

QuoteThe $25 was for 1 set of 8" and two sets of 6"

I haven't found anything local that has both 8" and 6" in a package. Found 4" no problem but anything larger gets hard to find.

ok so for $18 then you get 3 sets of 6" and also 3 sets of 8"  ?!!?!?!!!!

and they sell them at every track as well.....  good luck