Are there new number plate rules, CCS?

Started by Super Dave, October 02, 2008, 09:37:11 AM

Super Dave

Seems like there are a lot more opportunities in number plates this year.

Can we use a single rear number mounted across the tail?  Are we required to have a number plate border? 

Super Dave

HAWK

Dave, you're on a buell, just tell them it fell off.   :thumb:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

tzracer

Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

LOL!

Hey, yeah, I'm on a Buell.  Looking to loose weight, and two sets of numbers are lighter.   :biggrin:

Honestly, I thought this topic was covered and done, but there were some racing this weekend with a single rear number.  I like the look.  So, is it legal, and I haven't been told?
Super Dave

truckstop

I'm not down with the single rear number even though it "looks nice". After trying to remember and read numbers instead of calling out a name this weekend, it really sunk in why *READABILITY* is super important with number plates. Not to sound like a know-it-all after one whole weekend of cornerworking, but there's a difference between what looks nice, and what's easy to read. I can see the Yamaha tail being a challenge, but you've got tons of real estate on the Buell tail Dave... especially with only two digits.

There were a couple bikes out there this weekend, that were really pretty bikes, with really nice, beautifully done numbers, but are actually really hard to read. (Including the bike in question) Y'all better hope I never work up to being a tech person.  :lmao:

Xian_13

ACK!

You tech?
I would never get my sticker... would I?

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

Quote from: truckstop on October 02, 2008, 11:57:21 AM
There were a couple bikes out there this weekend, that were really pretty bikes, with really nice, beautifully done numbers, but are actually really hard to read. (Including the bike in question) Y'all better hope I never work up to being a tech person.
Well, I guess that's my question for CCS:  have the number plate rules changed?  It is obvious that at Blackhawk,we've seen single rear number plates now in CCS racing going through tech and race, and we've seen bikes with no number plate go through tech and race too (only an outline around the number in the required number plate color).
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Must have 2 rear plates. No border required though. See many white (or yellow) bikes without borders.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on October 02, 2008, 01:46:38 PM
Must have 2 rear plates. No border required though.
Understood, but there was certainly one bike through tech and on track with one number on the rear. 

Again, I like the look, but is this opportunity now available to me in the rules?

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on October 02, 2008, 01:46:38 PMSee many white (or yellow) bikes without borders.
Understood, but my specific example was from August with a black bike.  No plate area on front.  Only black numbers with maybe a 1/4" white outline. 

Similarly, it looked cool, but do the new number plate rules allow me this opportunity?
Super Dave

backMARKr

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on October 02, 2008, 01:46:38 PM
No border required though. See many white (or yellow) bikes without borders.

Yes...however...number plates look soooo much nicer painted with borders and several layers of clearcoat.. :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Super Dave on October 02, 2008, 01:54:32 PM
Understood, but there was certainly one bike through tech and on track with one number on the rear. 

Again, I like the look, but is this opportunity now available to me in the rules?

Understood, but my specific example was from August with a black bike.  No plate area on front.  Only black numbers with maybe a 1/4" white outline. 

Similarly, it looked cool, but do the new number plate rules allow me this opportunity?

The one that got through with the AMA style number plate ended up putting 2 on later. The Buell also had to redo his. Honestly those two shouldnt had even passed tech, but I'll guess which 'tech guy' they probably had.

Quote from: backMARKr on October 02, 2008, 02:14:11 PM
Yes...however...number plates look soooo much nicer painted with borders and several layers of clearcoat.. :biggrin:

Yep. :biggrin:

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on October 02, 2008, 02:29:21 PM
The one that got through with the AMA style number plate ended up putting 2 on later. The Buell also had to redo his. Honestly those two shouldnt had even passed tech, but I'll guess which 'tech guy' they probably had.
Define later.

Both raced in this configuration, period.  This wasn't just practice. 

Again, if something has changed, would someone post on this?

Super Dave