News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SE Overall...final verdict???

Started by kl3640, September 22, 2008, 08:13:04 AM

kl3640

MELK-MAN

Brad Graham, a fellow FL region rider (on Michelins as well!!)  has it by teams unofficial calculations with CURRENT perf. index by 4 points over myself. He was a machine this weekend running 14 races to close the gap. We will have to wait and see how the performance index for each of us changes, as even 1 or 2 point change in the index could affect the outcome.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

kl3640

Quote from: MELK-MAN on September 22, 2008, 05:55:12 PM
Brad Graham, a fellow FL region rider (on Michelins as well!!)  has it by teams unofficial calculations with CURRENT perf. index by 4 points over myself. He was a machine this weekend running 14 races to close the gap. We will have to wait and see how the performance index for each of us changes, as even 1 or 2 point change in the index could affect the outcome.

Hey Greg, if it works out that way then that's a tough beat, but you both put up a heck of a fight for that #1 plate and can hold your heads high....either way, you should both be proud.

MELK-MAN

No doubt Vas. I would rather loose by a wide margin than come up a couple points short.  That is why if contesting a championship, finish every race no matter what. Get on the back up bike if ya fall down, stay out if you run off, beg-borrow-steal a bike if your primary bike fails, etc. It CAN AND DOES come down to a few points sometimes.
Brad is a cool dude and id be happy for him... piss on that, i want the #1 after falling a few points behind Sean Dwire for SE #1 and Santiago Villa for FL #1 last year.. LOL!!
The performance index changes (although minor) will be the determining factor right now as we are so close based on PI entering the final round.

kl3640

Well, both of your attitudes have been great following VIR...a real example in sportsmanship for all of us to emulate.  Like I said, however it turns out, it was well contested, and you should both be very proud and hold your heads high.  I don't suppose that you could both run a "1 1/2" plate next season, kind of like this story that I've always loved:

"At the 1936 Berlin Games, Japanese pole vaulters Shuhei Nishida and Sueo Oe tied for second place. The teammates were offered the opportunity to have a jump-off for the silver medal, but the two friends declined out of mutual respect for one another. For the purposes of Olympic records, Oe agreed to the bronze while Nishida took the silver. Upon their return to Japan, the teammates came up with a different solution. The pair had a jeweler cut their medals in half and fuse them back together, creating half-silver, half-bronze pendants. The "Medals of Friendship," as they're now known in Japan, are enduring symbols of friendship and teamwork."

CounterSteerer

Quote from: kl3640 on September 24, 2008, 01:06:02 PM
I don't suppose that you could both run a "1 1/2" plate next season,

If Greg ran a "1 1/2" plate people would think he was trying to tell them his height.

CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

MELK-MAN

is the trash talking starting before the Daytona MotoST ALREADY!!!???  :lmao:

kl3640

I can still hear the drumroll...any update?

MELK-MAN

Brad Graham, over me, by a total of 10 (ten) adjusted overall points takes the expert #1 plate. Nice job Brad.

CounterSteerer

Greg,
What a great talent to be consistently battling for the # 1 plate it two different regions. You are a stand up guy and a true sportsman for this sport. In the words of Dr. Evil let me be the first to say "Hello # 2" sorry couldn't resist.

Brad,
Congratulations, and way to work (125 races) that is dedication. I look forward to seeing what your bike looks like with the # 1 on the front. I hear it is more aerodynamic.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

CounterSteerer

Quote from: MELK-MAN on September 24, 2008, 05:47:39 PM
is the trash talking starting before the Daytona MotoST ALREADY!!!???  :lmao:

What do you mean "start already"? I didnt know it ever ended.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds