News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

NESBA Chili cookoff - to buy airfence - this Saturday 8/30

Started by murf99, August 27, 2008, 12:56:37 AM

murf99

All - NESBA are hosting a chili cookoff this Saturday to raise money to buy airfence for Blackhawk Farms. The airfence will remain at Blackhawk to bennefit all who race and ride there.

We have over 20 samples of chili. $10 buys you all the chili you can eat.

In addition, we will have quite a few items up for auction and raffle, including a bike (2000 GSXR600), a year's worth of BHF garage space... and a bunch more.

HERE'S THE BIG ITEm - NESBA have agreed to match, dollar for dollar, the entire amount raised through this event. Your donated dollar will buy TWO dollars of airfence!!

Last year, we raised enough money for 5 sections of airfence! We're going to beat that this year!

Please consider joining us!

Yours truly will be MCing the event (don't let that chase you away).

I understand that NESBA cannot be all things to all people - and as a result there are a lot of people out there that don't like NESBA for this reason or that. I'd ask you to put your personal preferances aside here in the name of what we're trying to do - Buy more airfence and make Blackhawk Farms safer for all motorcycle riders and racers! Remember, your dollar will count DOUBLE at this event!

Chili cookoff to commence at 6:00, after our Saturday trackday!
Todd Murray
CCS #99 MW Expert

PS I Love You Wedding Photo Storybooks / Moto Union - Ducati Milwaukee / Motorex

red900

Raised $7000, to be matched by NESBA for a grand total of $14,000 toward more airbags.   Awesome.  Nesba really stands out from the crowd. 
Remember when you are out there choosing a trackday org to spend your money with, you may want to think about how that org gives back to the sport.... 

What do you say Kevin, want to match Bob's 7K ?????  :)

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Super Dave

I think it's great what Bob's done. 

I think Kevin has to pay substantially more insurance for racing vs track days, and CCS has secondary medical coverage for racers that one doesn't get at a track day too.

For a $75 pre entry, I can practice over a two day event along with a race.  That's a lean package. 

Nice job, guys!
Super Dave