News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

LW supertwins

Started by MUZ720, August 18, 2008, 10:39:44 AM

MUZ720

Can anyboby tell me what bikes are able to run in this class for the CCS championship and should we make it a new class for next year ccs wide??
Thanks

wolf44

Never heard of LW supertwins.  That would basically be a LWGP type class correct
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Super Dave

The class existed some years ago, but it was dropped as entries were low and it was rather redundant with twins such as the EX500, GS500, HD/Buell's, and the SV650 all fitting in that and in lightweight.  Basically would be Lightweight Superbike with allowances for non standard production bikes.
Super Dave

Team Spalding

Are you talking about the light weight twins in the AMA/CCS Road Race Grand Championship? They have a light weight twins class.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

Burt Munro

Quote from: MUZ720 on August 18, 2008, 10:39:44 AM
Can anyboby tell me what bikes are able to run in this class for the CCS championship and should we make it a new class for next year ccs wide??
Thanks

Looks like LW SuperTwins would be 4 strokes up to 700 cc from the class crossover information on the Grand Championship Schedule......

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2008/midohio%20ama%202008%20schedule.pdf
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

MUZ720

Thats it, no where listed that I can find? Does it state what bikes fit into this class?
   Going to VIR that weekend anyway so no big deal was just wondering out loud thats all.

daviid

i havent really read the rule book that well, but wouldnt LW SuperTwins be Thunderbike?
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

Super Dave

Quote from: daviid on August 22, 2008, 01:59:19 AM
i havent really read the rule book that well, but wouldnt LW SuperTwins be Thunderbike?
Well, it would be included.  You can have some two strokes and some older 600 I4's in thunderbike too.  Supertwins implies an exclusiveness to twins.
Super Dave

Ducati23

LW SBK and LW GP pretty much cover whatever formula that would make up a LW SuperTwins class. I'd like to see 748 & 749 Ducati's allowed in LW classes next year since they are so slow and outdated. Old slow guys on them could race in the LW classes and not be in the way like they'd be in some faster classes. As for the term SuperTwins, doesn't that refer to Pam Anderson? hmmmm.... :err:   
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

wolf44

749's with a motor that has 749 cc's
(ie not your "749")
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com