News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brand New Lap Time Tracking Website Is Now Live

Started by Russell2566, August 16, 2008, 11:47:15 AM

spyderchick

Russell, great site. I'm not sure what type of hosting solution you need, but 1&1 has been hosting the Spyder site and a few others we own for about 4 years now.

They can handle both Linux and MS hosting, and support a wide variety of scripting. Their prices are excellent as well. Give them a try if you can't get stuff sorted with your service.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Russell2566

I'm currently using HostMySite.com. The app is built in ColdFusion and Java with the MachII and ColdSpring frameworks. I'm currently running their lower end virtual private server package which is $120 a month. This basically gets me 512 of guaranteed physical memory, SQL Server "Light" and all the physical storage space I need..

MyRacingBio is a fairly serious application under the hood 100% oriented towards expanding greatly functionality wise. For 10 years I've been writing significant RIA applications meant for dedicated servers with heavy traffic loads. So being on such a restrictive server for me is a new thing... However if I can grow this application and at least break even in my ventures....

CCS is a starting point for the time being and will be a fantastic testing ground, my end point goal with this app was to blow away even the best dreams of myLaps.com. I don't do well with setting small goals :)

HAWK

Signed up twice with different email addresses and never received a confirmation email. I waited for over an hour after the first attempt, I also checked to see if my mail server mistakenly tagged it as spam - not there either.

I want to see!  :banghead:
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Russell2566

I have manually confirmed all users in the system that were not. My Mail server went down and it had been tagged as manual restart only. So while the mail should be in a queue and still go out, I'm not 100% sure and just overrode the system. Just go and log in with the email / password you used.

I think the sign-up process is one of the more complex pieces and will hopefully be more solid in the coming days.

For those not coming in through the normal authentication, please remember to go into your control panel and add a racing series affiliation. This is how I tie your user record to results from races...

Super Dave

Super Dave

Russell2566

Was the whole site down? I had another short outage this afternoon that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I should have tested the server more before going live, but I was already weeks behind launch and errors have been due more to issues with the host than my code... I have a hand full of code updates to make tonight that will boost performance in general behind the scenes (less SQL load) and I will be making some tweaks to the server setups late tonight which may result in a few short outages while I re-kick instances to take on the new changes...

HAWK

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

LilJayRR

I keep getting a error mesg at the top of the screen to 'Please enter you first and last name' when I hit the sign up button.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Russell2566

Are you using only one letter for your name? If you don't enter your full name I can't find your laps...

Gixxerblade

I am getting the same error and my name is entered exactly like it is on CCS laptime and on my license. Error is Please Enter Your First and Last Name.

Russell2566

OK, the issue is fixed, I had a bit of a slip up it appears with the validation code. The last name validation was set to a min of 10 characters by mistake, which is why other people have been signing up just fine and no red flags on my end were thrown...

Issue is fixed, sorry for the delay...

Russell2566

I rolled out a fairly large update tonight fixing multiple bugs and nuances of the site. Overall things should be more stable and faster and the user experience should be better.

Visual updates will probably stop for a little while so I can focus on the finishing touches for the import tool for CCS to use. Vas Rajan also wrote me with some information regarding a new laptime tool coming out that will probably be popular from Westhold called LapCeiver allowing you to capture your own data. In the coming month or so you should have the ability to start uploading your own custom times to keep track of from a few limited source such as popular lap timers and LapCeiver...

Again, if anyone has feed back on the site, please feel free to use the contact us page to let me know. I am especially concered with usability and how difficult it is to find/use advanced features.

thanks
russ