News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brand New Lap Time Tracking Website Is Now Live

Started by Russell2566, August 16, 2008, 11:47:15 AM

Russell2566

MyRacingBio.com

MyRacingBio.com has gone public; It's been a long couple of months of development, but I'm finally at a point where I can release Version 1. I have created a fairly large feature set that is available as of day one, however I have an even larger set of features in the works that will be turned on over the next few months.

As of day one I have all of the racing data that existed on Scott's lap time viewer up until and including May 5/6 weekends. I will be getting an updated backup soon to bring me fully up to date and at some point in the near future I will complete my coordination with CCS, resulting in all new race results being uploaded to MyRacingBio.com.

Some Day One Features

• Compare multiple riders side by side in an event across classes to compare each lap's time.
  • Fun facts per event with fastest lap, average lap, winner margin and more.
  • Instantly access all of YOUR lap times from one page with detailed information on your results from each race including your personal: fastest time, average time, time on track and more.
  • Start your Racers BIO so others can learn more about you and your sponsors. A "My Sponsors" feature will be completed soon and top 3 riders from each race will be highlighted.
  • View other riders profiles and all of their races.

If you find any issues or have any comments please feel free to use the Contact Us Page and fill out the form accordingly. This will help me keep track of issues going forward in an organized manner. Being user friendly is extremely important to me; so if you have a suggestion or an idea of how to better word help text please don't be afraid to contact me.

Eye-p

Let me be the first to say thank you for such a time consuming undertaking.  I have not looked at the site yet, but am looking forward to doing some testing later this weekend.

I will be sure to report bugs to you if/when I find them.

:cheers:
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

Russell2566

FWI: I had a small bug in my sign-up confirmation process that resulted in the wrong confirmation number being emailed to the new user. I've manually confirmed the people who signed up before I fixed the bug and sorry for any inconvenience.

GSXR RACER MIKE

As of right now, all I get thru both links is "The page cannot be found".  :wtf:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Russell2566

Ya sorry... HostMySite.com screwed up... Some wierd excuse about too many VPS Servers on one node or something.... They said they fixed it. It's a brand new hosting account so it's very untried.

I'm guessing I'll have a few growing pains getting things smoothed out. I would like to get the bigger hosting package but what I'm on is already expensive... We will see how the future goes and what is justifiable server wise...

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Russell2566 on August 16, 2008, 05:18:08 PM
I would like to get the bigger hosting package but what I'm on is already expensive...

Remember, it's not the SIZE of your package - it's how you use it!  :biggrin:

Russell2566

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on August 16, 2008, 05:21:28 PM
Remember, it's not the SIZE of your package - it's how you use it!  :biggrin:

FWI, your Wife/GF lied to you, she was just trying to make you feel better  :ahhh:

Oh Ya, Mike E, I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been working 16 hours days and trying to plan for my upcoming wedding (9/28).

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Russell2566 on August 16, 2008, 05:29:52 PM
FWI, your Wife/GF lied to you......

The constant charade is one of the very reasons I've chosen to remain free of relationships for a very long time!

And thanks for taking the time to do all of this work, now I can see exactly how slow I've been going compared to others since CCS added the transmitters. LOL  :thumb:

Russell2566

So I've been spending some time working out some bugs, although only a few users have actually run into much. Just so you know, when the website throws an error my cell phone gets a text message with the full details as well as it being logged to a database for review.

I do have a cool new feature that I released tonight at 10pm. The rider comparison is one of my favorite little pieces. For those who don't know, you can click on any rider in a race result and a new tab will appear on the page with per lap details. You can then go back to the results (any class) and click on up to 5 more riders. On that results tab you will now see all 6 riders side by side.

Tonight I've added some detail to the bottom of each of those results, including fastest lap, average lap and slowest lap. I'm tracking a few more items and even more data will soon be displayed on this page, but I was excited about this one.

If for some reason you don't see them and you've visited the site already, try clearing your browser's cache.

bel-biv

Russell, this is freaking awesome
Thanks, man

You will never want for an end-of-the-day-beer at a racetrack that we both run at.

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

Russell2566

HostMySite.com has their head someplace dark and my node is down again.... idiots at the helm; I should be up momentarily despite the fact that the person on the phone won't just do what I tell him to do an restart the VPS node..... GRRRRR.

Between too many nodes on the physical server, running low on memory and an IP conflict I swear to god I feel like I'm dealing with a new hosting company...

Site is back up now..... grrrrrr....

ktd

Man this is awsome.  We all really owe you.  Your Karma is way up!