News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Why the lack of entries in Factory Pro Sportbike?

Started by SVbadguy, June 02, 2008, 03:35:37 PM

SVbadguy

This topic came up at Summit Point.   Daytona had lots of entries but just 9 at Heartland Park and 11 at Summit Point.

This is supposed to be the premier class.

Super Dave

Super Dave

LilJayRR

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

LongDogRacing

They wanted input, so here's my two cents:

Include the ASRA license WITH the cost of our CCS license. 

if I'm going to spend 115 bucks on a license, i certainly don't want to spend another 50 bucks just to run some extra races.  (but I might run them if all i had to do is pay the entry fee.)   :)
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

MELK-MAN

$50 1 time a year fee for a class that requires a dyno with technitions to be on hand, and scales.. as well as some purse payouts? I really dont think the $50 fee is what would be scaring riders away.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

honda60071

allow AM's to run. It can only help for that next step, correct?
Shawn

Garywc

they did ask the question at the summit riders meeting about the thunderbike class not being full. they allow amateurs in that class but they still have to buy the license 
which i think is one reason alot of people dont run the ASRA classes because they dont want to buy a license to run a race that they arent going to do the whole series most people are only going to do the region they are from like vir and summit
and then the HPT and road america region
plus the entry fee is 100 or 125 for post entry.
so lower the entry and do away with the license fee. or at least do away with the license fee. whats the point of the license when you dont need to do anyting other then be an expert?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Gixxerblade

That's pne of the reasons I didn't run it at Summit. High license fees. Also I cannot compete with the guys that run the whole series. Heck by the end of Monday afternoon I was ready for a nap after all that riding we did over the weekend. :)

MELK-MAN

Quote from: honda60071 on June 02, 2008, 06:46:59 PM
allow AM's to run. It can only help for that next step, correct?

oh lord, you really don't want to get that started again do ya... lol...
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

honda60071

I didn't start it last time (lol)..  Na just puttin on some input,  let am's go just no purse, I just like to race I don't care about the money.  But you know those grids are to small, almost like what's the point? I don't know good luck to them, I know they are way faster than me right now. :wah:
Shawn

mikendzel

How about this:

#1 - Make ASRA regional like CCS
AND THEN
#2 - Make ASRA like the PGA.  Add purse money for each race (maybe instead of product contingency??).  Let the top 5 riders keep their full eligibility, the rest lose it, and have to qualify during a set of races at the beginning of the season to get it back.  Limit full eligibility to 18 riders, and allow 5-7 spots for weekend qualifiers (anyone who owns an ASRA legal bike and pays the qualifying fee!!!).  Leave a time gap between the ASRA and CCS stuff so that non-participating racers can go watch the events, or help crew for ASRA riders.  Scoreboards (mobile, wireless) would be cool so fans could watch the action from the stands even when they can't see the bikes.  And start an ASRA website!  Seperate it from CCS a little bit, add loads more pictures, give rider bio pages, and add tech articles about 1 rider's bike/gear a week.

I'm guessing it'll be mostly up to sponsorship acquisition, but more money would bring more riders, and would really give the top experts something to step up to!   

** Disclaimer, I wrote this over the course of an hour while at work.  It will probably be a little disjointed!!!!

LilJayRR

AM's can run in ASRA Thunderbike if I'm not misstaken. I think at Summit Thunderbike was used as an example, the CCS gird was full but the ASRA grid wasn't.

It is a National series as compared to a regional series. I would think about doing the ASRA races that are in my region, as I am already at the track. Traveling futher just isn't in my budget with gas prices going the way they are.

The only other issue I have, is all the ASRA races are at the end of the day on sunday, and I usually don't enter any races towards the end of the day on sunday. You have to pack up, drive back home, put everything away, and sleep before work on Monday. If I didn't get done with racing until 5pm then pack and not leave the track until say 6pm ish.. I wouldn't get back home until 12am. Then I still have to unload and get some sleep all before the alarm goes off at 6am for work.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft