News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America

Started by YTAK_1, April 24, 2002, 04:23:54 PM

YTAK_1

:(

The forcast looks terrible.  Rain all day Sat. witha high 0f 47.  Rain/snow  Sunday High of 45.

Bring your snow tires.

Good luck everyone

TrophyGal

So ... how did it go yesterday?  Large turnout?

Did it rain all day?

YTAK_1

Thursdays Team hammer practice wasnt to bad.  48 degrees sunny.  the only problem was the 30 mile an hour winds.  Made things interesting on the straight aways wide open.

Friday ... cold 45 degrees

Saturday...Rainy..windy..high 42 with a 25 mile an hour wind with gusts in the afternoon to 40 miles per hour.

Sunday...Rainy and very cold in the morning.

All in all it was very Sh#tty!!

Gixxer124

It was my first time at Road America. I think it was awsome!! Except for friday when my tires felt like they had oil on them, and saturday when I raced in the rain with no rain tires and Sunday when it only got to 39 degrees and the track was half dry, half wet. But it was awsome!! I cant wait till August.

KBOlsen

Spoken like a true addict!!! ;D ;D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteSpoken like a true addict!!! ;D ;D

KB are you following me around the net? ;D First SBN then CLSB.  ;) :D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

QuoteSo ... how did it go yesterday?  Large turnout?

Did it rain all day?

It went like any other mid-west race this season.  Green track, freezing friggin cold, rain.

It was cold enough that about 50% of the people were running rain tires on the dry track on Sun.  Absolutely miserable.  (wouldn't have missed it though  ;D)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

KBOlsen

LOL, Rob - See what you've started!
;D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

sdiver68

Friday wasn't so bad imho.

Saturday morning was OK, got terrible when the rains came.

Sunday featured some dry, some damp corners in the afternoon races.

But still a great weekend!

Gixxer124 - How's the back?  BTW, we are all coming up to Mid-America for the Friday track day and sat-Sun races.  Other than that, we are debating the next race but will probably skip BH in May.  

Congrats on your top 5!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Gixxer124

Hey Steve. My back is "back" to normal. It only hurts when I move. :)  I will be at Blackhawk and Mid America. Bring the Mille R, I'll test ride it for you. Oh, I almost forgot, your supposed to go back to the Sieboken Inn and sign the bill. Sorry! (Maybe it'll be free)