News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

WTB: Buell XB Race Parts

Started by 99cyclone, May 24, 2008, 08:38:19 AM

99cyclone

Hi -
I'm prepping an XB12R for race duty and am looking for any/all trick race hardware.

Some items in particular that I'm interested in:

• Front Numberplate
  • Bellypan
  • Rearsets
  • Spare Wheel(s), any color, any condition (but structurally sound)
  • Suspension Goodies
  • ????

If anybody has spares laying around, I'm interested!

Thanks much.
Joe

PJ

Quote from: 99cyclone on May 24, 2008, 08:38:19 AM
Hi -
I'm prepping an XB12R for race duty and am looking for any/all trick race hardware.

Some items in particular that I'm interested in:

• Front Numberplate
  • Bellypan
  • Rearsets
  • Spare Wheel(s), any color, any condition (but structurally sound)
  • Suspension Goodies
  • ????

If anybody has spares laying around, I'm interested!

Thanks much.
Joe

Hi Joe,

Contact race manager Henry Duga at Buell (henry.duga@buell.com). He will have front number plates and belly pans for XBs. He generally also has a selection of blem XB wheels for spares.

I personally wouldn't spend money on rearsets for the XB. Are you having an issue with the stock pegs?

Finally for suspension, there are a number of ways you can go. You can order the Buell accessory race springs P/N 48083-04Y $77.00 (again from Henry or any Buell dealer) and that's a pretty nice set up. The stock Showa forks and shock are pretty good and fully adjustable, but the stock springs are light and the rear is a dual rate spring, so the P/A kit is a nice upgrade. Otherwise, spend the money on an Ohlins or Penske rear shock.

Feel free to ping me if you have more questions.

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

99cyclone

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the advise.  I'll send Henry an email. 

I've noticed that even the XBRR's have what looks to be Firebolt pegs and brackets, so you're probably right...I don't really need rearsets.  I don't have a problem with peg position, I just wish that the pegs had sharper knurling for more grip.

I'll probably take your advise with the Buell spring kit.  But, since my bike is an '04 the fork springs won't fit.  I'll probably just purchase '03-04 specific front springs with the same rate as the Buell springs so that they're matched up with the shock spring.  I think the Buell race fork springs are 0.95 kg/mm rate, these should work OK (I'm about 195 lb with full gear).

Joe

PJ

Yes, the P/A Race Kit springs are .95 kg/mm.

They work great for me, and I weigh about the same as you (195-200).

Good luck!
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing