News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Apology to Smiley

Started by monica_ranis53, May 12, 2008, 09:26:37 PM

monica_ranis53

I want to send a message to smiley,  this is Mike #428 AM that crashed into you in turn six @BHF sunday.  I am sincerely sorry for what happened sunday.  It kills me that I affected you and your family.  I was battling with a different rider and my intentions were to just out-brake him.  It sux majorly that an innocent person got involved.  I never wanted to take your position just hold my own.  I know that apologies probably dont matter to you, but  I am hoping that next time we see each other there wont be any ill-will.  I learned alot from that crash, and given the same situation I won't make the same decision.  I hope that you have speedy recovery, and are back in race form soon.  I sincerely wish you, and your family all the best.  and again I am very sorry..........

MoparBoyy

holy crap.. how did i totally miss this??  what happened?!?!?!  is he ok?!?!?
-Mopar
2001 Honda F4i / Amateur #426
Sponsored by: DCdecals - MM-Racing - Riverway Racing - Chicagoland SportBikes - Mace Marine

monica_ranis53

no he is not ok he broke his collarbone, and that makes me feel even worse I was hoping that his shoulder was just banged up.

racrx451

Hope Smiley is ok... get well man!  Ive been taken out b4 and yeah it sucks, but it's part of racing. 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

avdigigeek

Quote from: monica_ranis53 on May 12, 2008, 09:26:37 PM
I want to send a message to smiley,  this is Mike #428 AM that crashed into you in turn six @BHF sunday.  I am sincerely sorry for what happened sunday.  It kills me that I affected you and your family.  I was battling with a different rider and my intentions were to just out-brake him.  It sux majorly that an innocent person got involved.  I never wanted to take your position just hold my own.  I know that apologies probably dont matter to you, but  I am hoping that next time we see each other there wont be any ill-will.  I learned alot from that crash, and given the same situation I won't make the same decision.  I hope that you have speedy recovery, and are back in race form soon.  I sincerely wish you, and your family all the best.  and again I am very sorry..........

I wish you would have learned from your previous crashes over the weekend maybe this is what it takes. I hope that's the case. I don't hope you get hit by a bus or anything but don't expect a hug and a kiss next time we meet.
That being said if you want some assisistance with your riding to become safer better racer I know a great org that can help.
Smiley

monica_ranis53

No I wouldn't expect a hug and a kiss, but knowing we would be racing each other sometime soon as racers and not enemies is my motive.  Last weekend was my first race experience, Dustin told me to race my own race.  I ignored advice and tried to win, and make up for bad starts and running off in a lap or two.  When I look at times I see more consistency than I, and being consistent is more important than putting in the fastest lap.  I would like to talk to you about this org you mentioned.  As I have only been on an actual track twice,  I need to get more comfortable with making passes, and being passed.  I honestly look forward to racing you again.  I imagine what that last two turns would've been like if I hadn't made that decision.  You, #139, and I might have had the finish the experts had.  Thank you for replying,  hope that I hear from you soon.

Burt Munro

I'm really surprised Dustin didn't suggest that you run for a couple of years with this organization:

http://www.nesba.com

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Firecat

Burt,

We don't like to advertise that link too much....really....there aren't that many national championships to go around.

We don't want to slice the pie too thin. :)
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

Burt Munro

I understand completely.

I'm sorry,  I must have been out of town when that memo came out. 

Last thing I want to do is to diminish the legend Dustin created.   :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

Quote from: Firecat on May 14, 2008, 08:28:34 PM
Burt,

We don't like to advertise that link too much....really....there aren't that many "amature" national championships to go around.

We don't want to slice the pie too thin. :)

couldnt agree with you more...

Quote from: avdigigeek on May 14, 2008, 12:25:14 PM
I wish you would have learned from your previous crashes over the weekend maybe this is what it takes. I hope that's the case. I don't hope you get hit by a bus or anything but don't expect a hug and a kiss next time we meet.
That being said if you want some assisistance with your riding to become safer better racer I know a great org that can help.
Smiley

took alota sack to come out and apologize for mistakes that caused injuries... good for you. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

backMARKr

Quote from: Burt Munro on May 14, 2008, 10:51:08 PM
I understand completely.

I'm sorry,  I must have been out of town when that memo came out. 

Last thing I want to do is to diminish the legend Dustin created.   :biggrin:

"Hello, My name is Rick and I am a professional shit disturber!" :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

garrettrick

did i read that correctly monica_ranis, it was your 2nd time on track ever????? and your racing?....