News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

TRACTION CONTROL

Started by RoadRacer414, May 07, 2008, 09:12:31 PM

RoadRacer414

Hello everyone.
Has anyone tried the BAZZAZ traction control systems?
How was the installation process?? 
How good is it on the track? 
Does improve lap times and handling in a big difference? or is not that big of a deal? 

I'm about to received mine, and I'm going to use it on a '08 R1 with a full YEC system... But I'm worrying about the installation, since my bike doesn't have the stock harness and it may interfere with the YEC ECU.
But I'm really looking for an effective traction control, because with the 1000 of today, is very difficult to control the big power this bikes produce.
RACING!!!
Because football, baseball, bowling & golf only require ONE BALL

Gixxerblade

Wish I had the money for that. I have to waste on silly things like track time and tires. Anyway I do know one racer that uses it, he actually used it this last weekend at Summit. He says it worked well. Easy to set up and had great feedback. I am not sure if he was talking about the TC part or the re-mapping functionality of it.

skipper08

installation is long but fun, still on the process of getting to know the whole system, i bought all the goodies, so is alot.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

bambam

it's not the end all save all highsides that some people think it is. it is a very good affordable system for your everyday racer. just be careful when getting it dialed in.  there is a fairly fine line between enough t/c to help and too much that slows your drive out of the corner.   

kl3640

We don't use that exact system in MotoGP, we have custom systems that work pretty well but are tricky to configure...

...seriously, I did have a friend who had one on a GSX-R1000.  The configuration was a little bit tricky, and at first, when he would downshift, the bike would actually accelerate!  Turned out that the engine braking parameters were somehow not setup correctly, so be sure to install correctly and test test test before going racing with that setup.

RoadRacer414

Quote from: kl3640 on May 08, 2008, 01:05:03 AM
We don't use that exact system in MotoGP, we have custom systems that work pretty well but are tricky to configure...

...seriously, I did have a friend who had one on a GSX-R1000.  The configuration was a little bit tricky, and at first, when he would downshift, the bike would actually accelerate!  Turned out that the engine braking parameters were somehow not setup correctly, so be sure to install correctly and test test test before going racing with that setup.

Did he take it out ??
You are scaring me... I already finish the installation and going to the track next week to test it, I was hopping that with the initial setup there is going to be a little of fine and personal tuning and that is it.
Well, for what I paid for, I cant spect much out of it; real traction control's prices are around of half of the cost of our bikes.

I will post how it goes on the first test...
RACING!!!
Because football, baseball, bowling & golf only require ONE BALL

kl3640

Quote from: RoadRacer414 on May 08, 2008, 11:31:04 AM
Did he take it out ??
You are scaring me... I already finish the installation and going to the track next week to test it, I was hopping that with the initial setup there is going to be a little of fine and personal tuning and that is it.
Well, for what I paid for, I cant spect much out of it; real traction control's prices are around of half of the cost of our bikes.

I will post how it goes on the first test...

No, I don't remember the resolution, but the point is, go easy until you're sure that all systems are properly functioning.

Super Dave

What happened to the right wrist?
Super Dave

Peter.BoyWonder

yeah I can't afford TC....but there is a great post on the WERA board about this. http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=168692