News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Electronic Scoring Units in CCS MW?

Started by tshort, March 09, 2003, 06:13:41 AM

tshort

Is CCS going to have ESUs for races at BHF and RA?  If so, are they going to provide the bracket to attach them to the tail?  Are there any preps we need to do to attach these?

Thanks,
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

sdiver68

No for BHF unless that has changed in the last 2 months.

I assume probably yes for RA.
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

I was led to believe that all MW races would have them.

They will have brackets...free of charge. I assume.
Super Dave

Protein Filled

I think I read somewhere that they are in small pouches, like CRA does. That means you need to drill zip tie holes to your tail section,,
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

spyderchick

Yup, you'll need to drill the holes for zippies. I've heard they's like to have the transponders for BHF and RA, hopefully, it will happen.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

SlowDragon

The ones they used at Firebird had a plastic holder that easily attached with Velcro and the transponder could easily be detached with the holder still in place for re-charging.

tigerblade

So two small holes on top of the tail are all that's needed from us?  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Litespeed

I attached the plastic clip with a single zip tie and had no problem.  Now that I have time I plan to fasten it using bolts washers and nuts.  They were nice enough to give me extra clips for my additional bikes too.

KBOlsen

Will somebody PLEASE post a picture of the transponder and pouch????
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Bernie

Easy, now.  There's enough room on a TL tail section to mount a satelite dish. ;D

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

r6_philly

its nice that you guys are using it already. I thought I was gonna get one at Daytona. Well no luck, and I didn't bring a laptimer, couldn't get a laptime all weekend