News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The ravages of winter

Started by firebolt, April 09, 2008, 07:55:59 PM

firebolt

Is it true that the "south garages" in Loudon have collapsed because of  snow? If so, can it be repaired soon? Johnny B what's up. Regards, Dan

Johnny B

Quote from: firebolt on April 09, 2008, 07:55:59 PM
Is it true that the "south garages" in Loudon have collapsed because of  snow? If so, can it be repaired soon? Johnny B what's up. Regards, Dan
The Center Garages were damaged enough that they are going to be torn down completely and rebuilt. Unfortunately, not in time for the first event.

"Hello,

It is with great regret that I write this email to you. As many of you may already know, the harsh snow accumulation we had this past winter has created a serious problem for the entire Center Garage area. Both buildings are currently being dismantled and rebuilt. Regrettably, it looks as though the garages will not be complete and ready for use by the first LRRS event at the end of this month.

I know many of you have already paid for the first event. I will be putting in a request for your re-imbursement for this fee. I know that does not make things "better"; I realize that it will be difficult for you to attend the race event without a "roof over your head", but I hope you will make do.

I beg you to please understand that there is simply nothing else that can be done at this point. I wanted to let you know as soon as I knew, I just found out this morning that they are not expected to be done for the first event.

I am sorry guys and look forward to seeing you.

Wanda C. Dumas
Operations Coordinator
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Direct line (603) 513-5728
Fax (603) 783-8323
Email: Wdumas@nhms.com'
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com