News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I need some help from Loudon experts...

Started by EnvyCycles, April 07, 2008, 11:44:56 AM

EnvyCycles

I need help with some setup and fuel...
I have a 2006 GSXR 600 and I'm racing as a nocive.

1. What gearing is the best for Loudon?
2. What fuel can I purchase at the track? price? What do you recommend?
3. Engine covers? (The bike came with the Moto-R sliders, is this ok?)
4. The fairings that came on the bike have WERA number plates, can I use the same ones and just paint them yellow?
5. Can I use a double bubble windscreen?
6. is there anyone at the track that can help me with my stock suspension?
7. What type of tire brands are sold at the track and whats recommended for this first weekend coming up?
8. Is there electric I can use for my tire warmers and how much? I have no cash to buy a Gen right now.
9. is there a place I can dump my used oil there?
10. Can I leave my canopy setup over night?

I think thats it for now...

Thanks in advance.

Team Envy Racing CCS #800
Racing Connection, LP USA-Bazzaz Performance, Cycle Gear, Alien Motion Batteries, Vortex Racing, LeoVince USA, Hotbodies Racing, Ballistic Apparel, Parts411

Eric Kelcher

Best bet for LRRS info is to register with the NEAR list on Yahoo. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NEAR/

I can answer a few tho.

3. Moto-R did make covers that were approved for racing.
4. As a novice you will be using white plates with red numbers, check rulebook for info on size an placement of number plates to confirm the plates on the bike meet the requirements.
5 yes
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Johnny B

2. What fuel can I purchase at the track? price? What do you recommend?

LRRS has a spec fuel program. VP Sells the spec racing fuel at the track, the station down the street will have the spec pump gas. Don't know the prices.

6. is there anyone at the track that can help me with my stock suspension?

GMD Computrack is always at the track for LRRS events to offer trackside support. They're also a Penske dealer.
Street N Competition and New England Performance are also there every weekend.

7. What type of tire brands are sold at the track and what's recommended for this first weekend coming up?

Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli and Bridgestone.

8. Is there electric I can use for my tire warmers and how much? I have no cash to buy a Gen right now.

Electricity comes with the garage if you rent one. There are outlets in the infield where you can hook up for $10 for the weekend.

9. is there a place I can dump my used oil there?

Yes, but they're open for limited hours.

10. Can I leave my canopy setup over night?

Yes. You can even camp overnight. Showers, a restaurant  and other amenities make it possible to stay in the infield all weekend.

In addition to the NEAR List (I'm a moderator there) you can get info at http://www.lrrsracing.com and http://www.raceloudon.com  You will find the rulebook at both sites.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

EnvyCycles

Thanks guys...
Eric, so you are saying that the Moto-R slide covers are approved for Loudon? Im talking about the little add ons to the original covers.
Racing Connection, LP USA-Bazzaz Performance, Cycle Gear, Alien Motion Batteries, Vortex Racing, LeoVince USA, Hotbodies Racing, Ballistic Apparel, Parts411

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: Hustla on April 09, 2008, 01:18:13 PM
Thanks guys...
Eric, so you are saying that the Moto-R slide covers are approved for Loudon? Im talking about the little add ons to the original covers.

Yes, the case savers or add on cover protection are acceptable. These are what you are referring to correct?

I used the past tense in reference to Moto-R as they are no more, aka out of business but the products they sold are still legal, valid, approved pieces.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

frskbm1

i will be there 4/24.staying thru sunday. pit next to me and i will help you out. 517 in the infield. my name is mike. i will show you around. 508 713 5663(C)

EnvyCycles

Eric thanks for the info...
Mike thanks, I will give you a call when I get there...

EnvyCycles

Can I get the other questions answered?lol