News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What's with the rain?

Started by spyderchick, March 07, 2003, 11:21:02 AM

Super Dave

Should CCS race at Daytona in the rain?  Hmm...

As for it being more dangerous for AMA Pros vs you...  It is more dangerous for a "pro" rider.

With your times at a 2:06, you have a larger margin of safety.  With that time, you could whack it wide open in places and pretty much have no danger of falling down.  However, to get faster, you're closing the margin of safety down to a limit, and potentially pushing beyond.  

With track conditions awful, it wouldn't be safe.  The reasonable margin of safety, what little there is in racing, would be completely gone.  It would be dangerous.  

Sure, racing is "dangerous", but there are aspects of safety.  Racing is not like jumping off a building without a parachute.  You do everything reasonable to reduce many aspects of risk.
Super Dave

TreyBone

I say let your concious be your guide. Thats Racing.

lil_thorny

i'm with you dawn, we just got dumped on here in minny just under 6" where i am...i'm ready to kick
somebody's a-- !!!  less than a month till 1st BHF.
bring on the heat.
 benj.

EX#996

Quotei'm with you dawn, we just got dumped on here in minny just under 6" where i am...i'm ready to kick
somebody's a-- !!!  less than a month till 1st BHF.
bring on the heat.
 benj.

Thank you!

At least I know I'm not the only one.  

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Yeah, I'm 50 miles from BFR and it will be zero tonight.  What's up?  Global warming?  I need to use some more Power Mist Racing Fuel to help out.  
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteYeah, I'm 50 miles from BFR and it will be zero tonight.  What's up?  Global warming?  I need to use some more Power Mist Racing Fuel to help out.  

This is our forecast for tonight according to the National Weather Service:

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY FOR TONIGHT INTO EARLY SUNDAY MORNING...

NORTHWEST WINDS OF 10 TO 15 MPH...COMBINED WITH TEMPERATURES OF 5 BELOW TO 10 BELOW...WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILLS OF 20 TO 30 BELOW ZERO.

EXPOSED SKIN WILL EXPERIENCE FROSTBITE IN 30 MINUTES WITH THESE WIND CHILLS.

Do you want to trade?

Dawn    :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

the_weggie_man

Back to the rain ........ Nobody should have to race in the rain at Daytona. Period.  Pro, expert, amateur, nobody.

ice

QuoteEveryone will risk their lifes and safety. And it DOESN'T and SHOULDN'T mean the factory guys are worth more. That is the message that I have a problem with. I am worth more than many factory rider in many ways except for racing... does that mean I shouldn't ride in the rain?

Privateers have normal lives and contribute to our society in other ways. If that logic, the Professional Entertainers(factory riders) should ride in the rain and we shouldn't.

Well said.

QuoteThe AMA will race in the rain at other tracks

The real problem is that Daytona is not safe period.  It's only a matter of time before someone gets decapitated on a guard rail or something rain or no rain.  

The AMA should not race at Daytona at all if the track is not safe enough.