Midwest Safety Crew website

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, March 24, 2008, 05:10:18 AM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well we have a website now. www.midwestsafetycrew.com Still have some work to do on it. Set up now in a content management system so I dont have to fire up my dreamweaver and edit each page manually and save it to the server. This is the first time I ever used one of these so things may be screwy. :lmao:

Things looking to add to it...
* Gallery with a random image on the main page (right now testing 2-3 gallery software packages on my home server)
* @midwestsafetycrew.com email addresses for regular members (can use both outlook, outlook express and trying to get squirrelmail (webmail) to actually work with a link on the site. having an issue right now).
* Maybe its own messageboard. Right now its linked to the one here, but this may be a while yet.
* There is a registration feature but its disabled right now. Can be set up so members can write their own news stories.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

eviled98

Thanks Rob, for setting this up. It has always been a hassle sorting through the C.C.S. message board for relevant content. No slight intended to our brethren in other parts, I've just read too many posts intended for other people.
  BTW, I talked to "Carson" (track manager for Road America?) on 3/15 at an S.C.C.A. training school in Milwaukee and I asked him about the A.M.A Superbike corner-worker situation and he told me that it would be managed by Road America directly ( not A.M.A., S.C.C.A., or Mid-west Safety Crew ). So, I'm guessing, that we will be employees of Road America for the weekend. Carson said that David Fanning will let us know how this will work.

limy_1

I would then imagine that the following weekend would be the same?
Roger Preston
AHRMA Volunteer & Monkee
WERA Official

EM JAY

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 24, 2008, 05:10:18 AM
This is the first time I ever used one of these so things may be screwy. :lmao:

What?  Something you did that MAY be screwy?  Yea right!  Bahhaaha!

Looks good tho for real.
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: EM JAY on March 27, 2008, 12:23:10 PM

What?  Something you did that MAY be screwy?  Yea right!  Bahhaaha!

Looks good tho for real.

One reason I have a home server. To test stuff out before going "live". Still had some stuff work fine on the server only to go haywire when "live". Just wish some of the pics I took at the last BHF were better. Some focused on the background.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Super Dave

Super Dave

251am

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 24, 2008, 05:10:18 AM
Well we have a website now. www.midwestsafetycrew.com Still have some work to do on it. Set up now in a content management system so I dont have to fire up my dreamweaver and edit each page manually and save it to the server. This is the first time I ever used one of these so things may be screwy. :lmao:

Can I moderate something besides my temper?   JK, way to go Rob!!

cbirk

Looks great Rob, thats way cool.  :cheers:

ninjadave

hey rob how do i log onto that site and also nice pic of me at the cornerworker party with the salsa dripping down my shirt lol 8) 8)

Woofentino Pugrossi

Dave, right now registration is disabled. Theres nothing on it right now that requires registration anyways.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141