News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CMP Hot Pits - Canopies?

Started by kl3640, March 15, 2008, 01:49:47 AM

kl3640

I know that CMP has done a lot of renovations, including the additions of garages, paving, etc.  Does anyone know if the hot pit lane has canopies (e.g., Daytona)?  I ask because I've got the ASRA Solo Challenge coming up there next month and I need to know whether to bring a canopy for the pit crew or not.

Thanks.

Gary#40

i don't believe hot pit has canopies.
Gary Elkins aka Shenanigans

Gary#40

Gary Elkins aka Shenanigans

LilJayRR

Unless they added them in all the 'upgrades' they have done over the last year there are not canopys. I cant think of any track last year that we didnt use our own canopys at in the hot pits.

Bring it for sure.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

zeroice

Hopefully they wont get blown over like last year! remember the 40-50 mph cross winds? LOL
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

LilJayRR

Quote from: zeroice on March 16, 2008, 06:42:56 PM
Hopefully they wont get blown over like last year! remember the 40-50 mph cross winds? LOL

I also seem to remember some rain the day of the race...

Lets hope for some nice racing weather for this year! I can't wait!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

kl3640

Quote from: LilJayRR on March 16, 2008, 10:51:57 AM
Unless they added them in all the 'upgrades' they have done over the last year there are not canopys. I cant think of any track last year that we didnt use our own canopys at in the hot pits.

Bring it for sure.

Thanks all.  They didn't list them amongst the upgrades mentioned on their site, so looks like I'll be using my own.

stickboy274

They don't have anything like that on pit lane. I've been out there since the renovations. The track was fun
Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

keebler

Derek, was you able to get any new on bike footage of the track?  Just curious.  First time going there will be April.