News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

AMA decision this weekend

Started by Scotty Ryan, February 15, 2008, 05:44:39 PM

Scotty Ryan

What do you think is going to happen? Is the AMA going to sell their promotional rights - and to who???? I'm very interested to see what happens this weekend....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Super Dave

You heard it was coming down this weekend?  I heard it was supposed to be at Indy too.

I have heard that the new promoter will also take over AMA Dirt Track too.
Super Dave

tree

I thought I read last year that Dorna was intrested in taking it over.

Super Dave

Sure.  Did they make a bid on it?
Super Dave

BrettRay76

The France's bought it.  It is a done deal, everything finished up the end last week. That is the word from my inside guy.
Just because you have something to say
Doesn't always mean you "SHOULD" say it

BrettRay76

I'm interested in seeing how fast it will grow, now that there will be some money behind it. And they do know how to promote.
Just because you have something to say
Doesn't always mean you "SHOULD" say it

r1owner

airfreek

i hope you are right  cause while i for one do not like nascar you cannot hlep but notice how much it has grown and the likes of jeff gordon and tony stewart are household names.  i mean look at dale jr. the guy hasn't even won one chammpionship and everyone knows who he is.  say mat maladin so someone or hell even valentino rossi and you will get looked at like you are retarded.  so i for one think the ama superbike series has great things coming if the frances of nascar get involved.  just look at how grand am has helped auto road racing in america or in our case the relative explosion in popularity of moto-st in its one year of existense

Court Jester

so what's the market price of something like that???
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

lilroy

Burt Munro

Quote from: BrettRay76 on February 15, 2008, 10:19:13 PM
The France's bought it.  It is a done deal, everything finished up the end last week. That is the word from my inside guy.

Could be....

That fits in very conveniently with the press release by Roger Edmundson a month ago to look for a major change in the Moto-ST schedule and sponsorship arrangements prior to Daytona.  No secret concerning his connections to the France family.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=31014
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Super Dave

The France family has been in bikes forever.  Afterall, the Daytona 200 is older than the Daytona 500.  Brett, I've heard that too.
Super Dave