News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Those darn Buells

Started by spyderchick, March 03, 2003, 10:00:51 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Doesn't the rule book provide for EXTRA safety wire requirements for any bike remotely related to a Harley?  Maybe they can just start the race with no oil in them, cuz that's how they usually finish.

;D ;D ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

hobanbrothers

Just thought I would drop a note, yes we were on our actual C bike as it was a miserable weekend.  The oil filter did come loose, but it was because the safety wire broke.  I apologize to everyone it inconvienced as I am embarrased of the incident.  I have seen safety wire brake on occassion and will definately come up with a better system as the vibrating bastards are hard to tame.  Paul from tech did come over and was satisfied (I hope) that it was an incident that was unforseen.  I have been tuning for many years with some amount of success and safety is always, always my 1st concern.

MightyDuc Racing

I wouldn't worry about it or be embarrased.  Sounds like a racing deal to me.  Wish I coulda been there to be "inconvenienced". ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

chris_chops

:-X :-X :'( :'( :'( ;D :-* ::) ;D ::) :'(
QuoteI wouldn't worry about it or be embarrased.  Sounds like a racing deal to me.  Wish I coulda been there to be "inconvenienced". ;)
I think by "inconvenienced", he meant "crashed out".
You wish you could have been crashed out.  You crazy man!!!!! :o 8) ::) :P :-/ :D ;D ;) >:( :( ;) ;) ;) :) :( :o :-* ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)What the?  What is going on here?

8) :D :P :-/ ;) :-X :-
Help,
 8) 8) 8) 8)X :P ::) :( 8) 8)

MightyDuc Racing

At least I would've been there!   ;D  And besides, I can always fall back on my dirt track experience.  Helped in the grass at high speeds last time.  I hit the grass in turn 10 at Homestead (about 120+) and saved it. :o  I think he meant the red flag inconvenience, though, not crashing out.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: