News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tire Warmers

Started by foughtstrong, January 29, 2008, 02:23:21 PM

Looking to buy a new set of tire warmers.  

Chicken Hawk
11 (39.3%)
Tyrsox
3 (10.7%)
TomaHawk
0 (0%)
LP
0 (0%)
Other
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 28

foughtstrong

Looking to purchase some tire warmers.  Just wanted to know everyone's inputs.  Thanks

mikendzel

I bought some T2's from Stickboy, and they're pretty awesome

Super Dave

My brand new Woodcraft Tire Bakers showed up last week.  I put off replacing some old ones until they were available.  Eric told me about them probably November of 2006, and I'm really happy I waited.
Super Dave

Ridgeway

Quote from: Super Dave on January 29, 2008, 02:31:16 PM
My brand new Woodcraft Tire Bakers showed up last week.  I put off replacing some old ones until they were available.  Eric told me about them probably November of 2006, and I'm really happy I waited.

Did you get the dual-temp or the fully adjustable ones?  I need a new set this year too, and I've been looking at these.  The Chickenhawks I use on the SV are the smaller size and won't fit a 180/190 rear properly.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

ronhix

Quote from: Super Dave on January 29, 2008, 02:31:16 PM

Me too Dave! 

Quote from: Ridgeway on January 29, 2008, 04:26:28 PM
Did you get the dual-temp or the fully adjustable ones?  I need a new set this year too, and I've been looking at these.  The Chickenhawks I use on the SV are the smaller size and won't fit a 180/190 rear properly.

I got one set of the fully adjustable ones and also a second set of the new dual temp ones.  Both look really nice.
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Super Dave

Quote from: Ridgeway on January 29, 2008, 04:26:28 PM
Did you get the dual-temp or the fully adjustable ones?
I got the fully adjustable ones.  Which is a simple term.  The dual temps have to positions, the "fully adjustables" have four.  I like it since I think the hardware won't have problems when you're hitting buttons so many times to get to your new temperature. 

Either has the little drop cord that shuts the warmer off if you take it off.  That's a nice "in a rush"/"my girl friend/wife took them off" and didn't unplug them and now they are a pile goo preventer. 

The dual one is probably more than enough, but I like the adjustability. 
Super Dave

RCR_531

Fuel Moto make a nice adjustable set for a great price.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

104fahl

RCR_531, where is Fuel Moto. I know there is a Fuel Moto in Neenah Wi.

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Sobottka

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

mikendzel

For what it's worth, the T2's have great coverage of the tire, are digital, and have a fully adjustable heating range.....

Cowboy 6

:thumb:  +1 on T2. 

The Fuel Moto warmers are the same as T2. So +1 for those as well.  I do like that the T2's have C - F table just above the box though. Makes converting temps soooo much easier.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com