News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Once again

Started by firebolt, January 20, 2008, 10:57:43 AM

firebolt

I probably missed this post as well. But here goes. Is the 1098 eligible for AMA superbike this year? If not why? And one more thing, what about the Desmocedici? It's an official model, 1500 built so I am assuming homalagation has been granted. The Japs better hope Ducati does not decide to race that animal. Suzuki will never win again! Regards, Dan

LongDogRacing

how would a big bore Duc fair in the AMA?

Edited for copyright content...

http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/pdf/2008%20RR%20Supplemental%20Rules.pdf

Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Jason748

Quote from: firebolt on January 20, 2008, 10:57:43 AM
what about the Desmocedici? It's an official model, 1500 built so I am assuming homalagation has been granted. The Japs better hope Ducati does not decide to race that animal.

No fear for the big four on that one... Ducati has built enough of them, but did NOT homalagate them with any national series that I know of - as far as I understand the Manufacturer must present them to the gov'ing body for approval and Ducati has not.

But the 1098R has been Homalagated...  :biggrin:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Ducati23

The 1098R is homolgated and now that the AMA has approved the use of kit pistons, it is only a matter of time before Ducati re-enters AMA Superbike. Since Bayliss is retiring from WSBK after this season maybe he'd make a stop in the USA for a season or two? That'd liven things up a bit, Bayliss on the Ducati, Edwards on the Yamaha. Something tells me it wouldn't be a Suzuki benefit series anymore. hmmm. :biggrin:.
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848