News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

06/07 GSXR750 questions

Started by Super Dave, January 18, 2008, 03:44:15 PM

Super Dave

Hey, does this have an OEM slipper clutch?

Next, what's normal gearing for this bike at some tracks?  Someone give me a vague idea if possible. 

Been a couple years since I've been on a 750, so...trying to learn my way on it again.
Super Dave

RSimmons

Yes, it has a slipper. I was running +2 (47) rear/-1 front last season. It was fine for Road America, but I didn't see 6th at BHF.
MW Am #377

Super Dave

I think only SV's and stuff use 6th at Blackhawk.  What kind of times were you turning?

What is the stock gearing?  16/45?
Super Dave

RSimmons

Quote from: Super Dave on January 18, 2008, 05:07:21 PM
I think only SV's and stuff use 6th at Blackhawk.  What kind of times were you turning?

What is the stock gearing?  16/45?

by the end of the season I was in the :14s at BHF, and my best was a 2:31 at RA (suspension was totally knackered, the front didn't move when you pressed down) In other words, not that fast.

IIRC, stock is 17/45.
MW Am #377

Super Dave

Yeah, I went a little faster on my SV.  Still good times for you though.  But that gives me some guidelines.  I appreciate that!   :cheers:
Super Dave

steve p

Dave, I run a 16/48 for mine at bhf.  I'm going to try a 116/49 combo this spring.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Super Dave

Steve, you are a trend setter.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

steve p

I might save the 116/49 for RA.  I ment 16/49. :biggrin:
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Super Dave

You shouldn't have said anything.  If was funnier...LOL! 
Super Dave

kl3640

Slipper clutch is stock.  17/45 stock gearing.  For speedways (e.g. Daytona) I use 16/47 or 48, depending on the track (spring Daytona and Homestead I use 48, Fall Daytona I use 47).  For more technical tracks  (e.g. Jennings) I will go up to a 48 or down to a 15, or both, depending on the track, etc.  Those are just some general ranges based on my own experience; others might disagree.  Hope that helps you get started, but as you know, gearing depends on the specific track, your particular bike's power delivery, and, to a lesser degree, your style.

Super Dave

That almost seems short for Daytona.
Super Dave

steve p

Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy short.  Probably meant 17/47
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille