News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

is the "speed hump" on leather important???

Started by MELK-MAN, March 01, 2003, 11:17:29 AM

MightyDuc Racing

Quote Why waste the money...

If you like the way they look, then the few bucks extra is worth it...imho...but don't buy it expecting to go faster...that's all I'm saying.  Why do people buy a Lexus instead of a Toyota?  Cuz they like the style and recognition, I guess.  LOL...just realized that I drive an Acura... ;D...only really cuz it has 260hp and none of the Accords can match it.  
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

stickman

Super Dave

QuoteHere's an interesting thread about humps on the wera board:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16802

Lots of opinions...  No evidence either way.
Super Dave

MELK-MAN

Mighty duc.. have not decided on Moroso. I need to so i can pre enter. My friend Cameron, runs an sv650 in the am. class, lives 20min from there so i may stay there. Put another burger on the ol grill for me though and i would not turn it down!! ;D
  BTW.. my friend Jeff Farrell is part owner of the new DUCATI dealer in tampa.. Hes getting a 748 ready for him to ride track days and me to race a few events at Jennings! Should be fun. I rode his 999s today on the street.. what fun..
later
greg
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

Yo!  Hook me up with some sponsor love, bro!  I need all the help I can get to afford racing this thing.  
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

spyderchick

Quotegetting ready to order some leathers from SYED and the speed hump is $50.. is it protection, wind reduction.. both?? ...
watcha think...

It's up to you, but leathers are a b1tch to repair with a hump in place. The name does look better without the hump and it is easier to read (on photos) as well.  You could move the name to the spot above the expansion panel (very visual) and still order your hump. As far as the "safety" of the hump, I can see a benefit in some instances, and a detriment in others. Aero benefits? That's debatable as well. Go with your gut on this one. You already have a quality back protector. If you feel the hump will offer you some peace of mind in regards to injury, that's your call. To me it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".