News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona accomodations? (no... for the bikes ya'll)

Started by ghost05, January 10, 2008, 06:36:48 PM

Toves33

is anyone looking for people to share garage expenses?

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: ahastings on January 11, 2008, 06:01:22 PM
Thanks, is that the same for either the open air garages or the closed in ones?

Yes only ones this does not apply to are the Nextel(yellow)  enclosed garages (which for the spring are generally full of Moto-ST and factory or factory support AMA teams)
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ghost05

Quote from: PJ721 on January 10, 2008, 10:22:37 PM
showers are available - concessions are open during racing hours. I've camped in a trailer at the track and one of the tunnels was open for infield access - not sure if it's all night - but I know it was late one night (early morning actually)
How much was camping?

...man, there's a lot of good info on this thread already! I hope work quits dicking me around soon so I can reserve my garage and camping/hotel stuff ASAP!

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: ghost05 on January 11, 2008, 06:26:03 PM
How much was camping?

...man, there's a lot of good info on this thread already! I hope work quits dicking me around soon so I can reserve my garage and camping/hotel stuff ASAP!

Trent camping is free.
Trailer/Motor home camping varies depending on type/location you want, and is also only sold as a full Bike Week package, Feb 28(28?)- Mar 8
Eric Kelcher

PJ721

I didn't make the reservation  - was with another racer....and I'm sure it'll be different for this year. I think camping resevations are made directly with the track.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Garywc

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on January 11, 2008, 06:10:46 PM
Yes only ones this does not apply to are the Nextel(yellow)  enclosed garages (which for the spring are generally full of Moto-ST and factory or factory support AMA teams)

do you mean you can park your trailer in front of the garage or across the road way from the garage?
i don't recall the Daytona guards letting you park anything in front of the garage
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

LongDogRacing

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on January 11, 2008, 06:45:55 PM
Trailer/Motor home camping varies depending on type/location you want, and is also only sold as a full Bike Week package, Feb 28(28?)- Mar 8

Eric, for the RV/motor home camping, who do we call/coordinate with at Daytona?  Sounds kinda silly to not let the RV's stay just for the CCS portion...  --Justin
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Toves33

Eric, were you able to work on any hotel deals for a shorter length of stay?

airfreek

Sorry but this will be my first time at Daytona.  if i am tent camping do i have to call DIS and rent a spot just to tent camp or was the earlier reference to renting a camping spot just in accordance to RV camping?

ahastings

Quote from: LongDogRacing on January 16, 2008, 08:29:36 PM
Eric, for the RV/motor home camping, who do we call/coordinate with at Daytona?  Sounds kinda silly to not let the RV's stay just for the CCS portion...  --Justin
this is where I got mine
http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/buy_tickets/specialty_vehicles/
I don't know why they don't offer it for CCS week only. You might be able to if you call and ask them.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Eric Kelcher

Sorry been a bit buried.

Tent camping your gate passes is your admision for tent camping. Nothing special there.

trailers can be parked/backed up in front of garage max length ~20' (depends on tongue length and rear trailer doors not pushing the trailer out into the fire lane)

Why is the RV for the full bike week? It is done by Daytona but there are compgrounds near the track that do rent for shorter periods of time

I am working on the rest of motel deals for all venues/dates hope to have that all posted by Wed.
Eric Kelcher

MotoHick

Eric,
RV question: If I'm reading the Daytona website correctly, the cheapest we can bring an RV into the track for is $400.00 (Red Zone Parking). This price is for anybody that wants to come in during bike week. Do we (MOTO-ST/ASRA/CCS racers) get any discounts because we're already paying entry fee's and such?