+1 Newbie Question... Rookies wear T-shirst outside their leathers??

Started by ghost05, January 10, 2008, 11:05:08 AM

ghost05

When I finished my prerequisite race school, they gave me a flourecent green Tee to wear my first few races... do people really wear these? Are they a requirement or a courtesy? I wouldn't mind wearing one after Daytona, but I don't think I'm too fond of the idea of having the shirt on the outside of my leathers on the banking...

Thanks ya'll.

Z-man

Quote from: ghost05 on January 10, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
When I finished my prerequisite race school, they gave me a flourecent green Tee to wear my first few races... do people really wear these? Are they a requirement or a courtesy? I wouldn't mind wearing one after Daytona, but I don't think I'm too fond of the idea of having the shirt on the outside of my leathers on the banking...

Thanks ya'll.

I"m pretty sure it is just meant to be a courtesy so that other riders know to give you a bit of space because your a newer racer and to protect the more experienced rider from getting tangled up in a rookie mistake. 

If you have never ridden Daytona, I would think if there was a track you wanted others to know you were new into racing, that is the track.

Z
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Garywc

when you finished your school was it a race weekend? did you race then?
so you dont want to wear one at daytona because of the banking?
wear it in practice and see if it makes a difference
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Z-man

Quote from: Garywc on January 10, 2008, 11:45:27 AM
when you finished your school was it a race weekend? did you race then?
so you dont want to wear one at daytona because of the banking?
wear it in practice and see if it makes a difference

Gary if I thought a shirt would keep you away, I would be wearing one 24/7 and definitely at Daytona.
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

Garywc

Quote from: Z-man on January 10, 2008, 11:52:05 AM
Gary if I thought a shirt would keep you away, I would be wearing one 24/7 and definitely at Daytona.
but i like when you ride shirtless
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

ghost05

Jeff

I didn't wear mine until I was an expert and got hit twice one weekend.  :-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

danch

MW Am #720