ASRA Team owners program

Started by ahastings, January 08, 2008, 03:31:22 PM

ahastings

Anyone out there done this? Is it  worth it? $700 just to be eligible for the points fund. I might be able to run as many as 6 ASRA rounds . I know it says suggested payout, can anyone tell me what  the actual payout was this year for any of the ASRA classes other than team challenge.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Super Dave

I did it in 2004. There were some tangible benefits.  I don't know what the program is for 2008, but you'll just have to sit down and figure out some of the costs.  I think the cost covered what I would have paid for myself and my crew member's gate pass, then offered the additional benefits. 

That make some sense?
Super Dave

racerhall

i think Schaumburg Audi is going to try this out for this year , i will let you know how it went at the end of the year
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Garywc

I am debating trying it
it gets you and one other person into the event which pays for itself plus some if you go to all the ASRA events
plus they say you don't have to wit in lines to register which i haven't seen any team owner lines except for Daytona
and they say you go to the front of the line at tech ...does that mean you just cut in front of everyone else who is sitting in line? if so thats not cool
but what i am unclear on is combining points for team owners
if you are running only one class as compared to some one running three classes
if they finish well in all classes as well as you do in one if they combine points for the team running three how do you beat that?
i think the best thing to do would be to email Eric and ask him
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

LilJayRR

Quote from: Garywc on January 09, 2008, 11:11:25 AM
plus they say you don't have to wit in lines to register which i haven't seen any team owner lines except for Daytona
and they say you go to the front of the line at tech ...does that mean you just cut in front of everyone else who is sitting in line? if so thats not cool

You dont have lines at registeration because registration opens earlyer for team owners than for everyone else. They are already done with registration (usually) when it opens to everyone else. Otherwises I just asked one of the ladys in registration which line to use for team owners and they would usually just take me off to the side and take care of my registration, no waiting in lines!  :biggrin:

Tech on the other hand I never got any special treatment. It was first come first serve.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft