News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Lightweight Class Racing in the Mid-West

Started by Ducati23, December 19, 2007, 03:26:24 PM

Rich

Quote from: Spooner on April 16, 2008, 12:07:40 AM
Yep!  A 600!

Which is for sale! Somebody buy it so I can join your 20 bike grids!
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

Cyklracer

What a great LW weekend!  Plenty of close racing in both the EX and AM ranks.

Looking forward to running with you guys through the rest of the GP season!!!

wolf44

Clayton Potter is a big bully....at least thats what he looked like on his 1000ss when he was leaning in on that little guy on the 250....I'll post some vids up later this week
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Jack_Brock

Yeah, the weather sucked, but good spirited competition all weekend long-Gotta love LW!

On another note, I heard Dan Jasa is questionable for the next round.  I guess Clayton passed him too closely and the flash from the bright ass orange paint on that Ducati burnt Jasas retnas.....luckly, eyes are the fastest healing organ in the human body :biggrin:
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Jack_Brock

Crap, looks like I was slow to post Dan posted at the same time, now it looks like we are ganging up on Clayton.

Oh well, on a serious note, I would like to say thanks to Clayton.  I feel like he really put a lot of effort into doing what he could to build up the LW grids.  It is a great place to race with good competition and a lot of characters.  The bikes are a lot of fun, and relatively cheap.  Here is to hoping we get more converts.  Thanks again to Clayton for his efforts.  See everybody at MAM.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

Rising

Jack,
If you sponser me I'll bring my SV out and play.

Ducati23

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who showed up  - facing time away from work & family, travel expenses, weather concerns, etc.  The lightweight classes provided for some of the best racing all weekend, maybe the best.   :thumb:

I enjoyed the very close racing with so many of you. It was the most fun I've had racing in years - I'm sincere when I say that there isn't a better group of riders to race with than this group. We had a blast, close racing, fun passing, close finishes and no nonsense on our part. The DQ thing in LWSS by CCS was not really needed though, was it?

I felt bad for those two stroke guys during GP, they probably didn't expect some fat guy on a LW class machine run past that way in the corners. :spank:  I respect Bruce Lind but I want to win just as much as anyone else, but I really wanted to ride with Jack and that 2smoke was in my way... Can't wait to see some of Dan's on bike footage from that race.

Anthony hope your left hand isn't broken - it looked bad (talk about bright, AD's new leathers are only two shades darker than the sun). Dan Swenson did Ducati Omaha proud putting the Wu killer motor SV on the box almost every time he rode it. I think we can be proud of Dan Jasa's SV too that thing flew and his suspension seemed to work awesome. We're all glad some of the Midwest guys showed up. I went out to dinner with a group of them Sat night. George's SS was a rocket. I need to keep losing weight and get a motor like his. The next race can't come soon enough.  :cheers:   

CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Jack_Brock

Quote from: Rising on April 28, 2008, 12:55:01 PM
Jack,
If you sponser me I'll bring my SV out and play.

You would do well for sure(you looked like Matt Mladin the last time I saw you ride:), but I don't see myself sponsoring anyone in the near future.  If I ever won the lottery, I'd be sure to help fill up the LW grids though.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

SV88

I had a good time too and really appreciated help from Jack B, Dan J, Anthony D, Mark S.  once they identified that I was not going to be a threat this weekend.  I was disapointed to not be more competitive however my lap times went from over 2:10 down to 2:02's so I did accomplish some stuff.

Looking forward to playing with you guys @ MAM and Road America. Now, where can I find another 10 ponies (supersport legal)???

Tryng to get a bike for the  Hallett (May 31) TC to maintain Team Shakka 4 Life's strangle hold on the GT lights lead!!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Cyklracer

Quote from: Ducati23 on April 28, 2008, 07:23:32 PM

Anthony hope your left hand isn't broken - it looked bad (talk about bright, AD's new leathers are only two shades darker than the sun). Dan Swenson did Ducati Omaha proud putting the Wu killer motor SV on the box almost every time he rode it. I think we can be proud of Dan Jasa's SV too that thing flew and his suspension seemed to work awesome. We're all glad some of the Midwest guys showed up. I went out to dinner with a group of them Sat night. George's SS was a rocket. I need to keep losing weight and get a motor like his. The next race can't come soon enough.  :cheers:  

The Wussasin ran great!!  Joel Spalding from the MW region also ran great on his Buell.  In the second LWGP race, the only experts faster than the 2 were John Brock and Mike Danielson.  You guys better hope Dean does a 2-wave start at MAM, Wussasin eees commming for youuuuu! :biggrin:

EM JAY

Quote from: SV88 on April 29, 2008, 12:40:24 PM

Tryng to get a bike for the  Hallett (May 31) TC to maintain Team Shakka 4 Life's strangle hold on the GT lights lead!!
I think what Steve (SV88) meant to say was....  Team $hakka 4 Life's "STRANGE" hold on the GT lights lead!!    LOL     :ass:   :thumb:
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Rising

Quote from: Jack_Brock on April 29, 2008, 09:14:39 AM
You would do well for sure(you looked like Matt Mladin the last time I saw you ride:), but I don't see myself sponsoring anyone in the near future.  If I ever won the lottery, I'd be sure to help fill up the LW grids though.

It would be fun to come out and race but the time and financial commitment it takes is keeping me from doing that.
Maybe one of these years I will just do Hallett and/or HPT.
My CCS liscence expired in 03, would I have to retake the school to get it renewed?