CCS South-Eagles Canyon

Started by Jack_Brock, December 15, 2007, 04:03:58 PM

Jack_Brock

I was just looking at the schedule and thought it would be great to kick the season off early with a trip south.  I had seen some onboard from Eagles Canyon right after they laid the first layer of asphalt and it looked like a fun technical course.  Anyway, I got on the Eagles Canyon site and was checking it out.  No way should bikes run there.  The last corner appears to be lined with a guard rail-I can't even imagine the car guys would like that.  WTH!?  Check out the pics
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

SVbadguy

It looks like more than that corner has guardrail lining it.  Guardrail with an opening as the bottom is as bad as it can get.  Really effective at ripping off bodyparts.  :wtf:
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Super Dave

SCCA wouldn't pass that for certification.  Who'd want to back their Porsche turbo into that too? 

Car guys prefer big open areas just like us.
Super Dave

Jack_Brock

Quote from: Super Dave on December 15, 2007, 07:40:53 PM
SCCA wouldn't pass that for certification. 

Thats a good point Dave.  I know the kart guys wouldn't run that, and all the pics are of vintage cars(not SCCA), so I wonder who will run there?
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

BigJerm7

Keith Hertell

CCS-South has been drinkin' again. lol

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

mwsportsimaging

Super Dave

I still have the civil engineering and design team available for race track construction.  That would include SCCA certification and NHRA specs for the drag strip.  When ever someone is ready to build, call, PM, or email me.  We'll get to work. 

I just don't understand why anyone would work to build a track that has areas with walls so close.

Check out the new Brainerd layout in a virtual set up.  Pretty cool stuff, the technology.  Some scary stuff there too though.  WTF...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQvupMGCx3g
Super Dave

gixxerhogger

nothing like a guard rail at a corner exit to make you think twice about gettin good drive??? thanx for BIR post Super Dave, hadn't seen it yet. looks like gettin rid of RC51 was good plan!
new but old

Derek Steptoe

The owners of Eagles Canyon, great people by the way, are already in the process of remedying this barrier situation. It doesn't happen overnight. I am looking forward to getting out on that track. Hopefully it's done sooner rather than later.

Super Dave

Derek, I'm sure you know who to contact for SCCA certification, but if you don't, PM me.
Super Dave