News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

GSXR600 Tach.

Started by 104fahl, December 07, 2007, 06:20:39 PM

104fahl

I have a 2005 GSXR600 that I will be racing next year and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to mount the tachometer (stock tach). The cluster mounts on to the headlight assembly and with the lights not on the bike there is no way to mount the tach. I could fabricate my own bracket and weld it to the fairing stay but I don't really want to do that because I want to sell the motorcycle later next year. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.   
                                                                                                    Nick

rogers1323

Get an aftermarket fairing stay for race bodywork.  They're cheaper than replacing the stock one if you crash, and they work better for race bodywork anyway.  They should all have brackets where the gauge cluster mounts.  In fact, I have a brand new vortex stay for that bike that I need to sell.  You can reply here, or email me rogers1323 at hotmail.com if you're interested.

104fahl

I'm interested. Of course it has to be the right on for my bike if I'm going to buy it  :thumb:

rogers1323

It is.  I got it as a spare for my race bike ('04 GSXR 600) and never used it.  PM me or email me if you're interested.

GSXR RACER MIKE

So did you ever get this worked out?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

104fahl

Working on it. We've been PMing eachother.

rogers1323

Yeah, sorry for the delay.  Been kinda busy.  I sent you another PM.