Gearing recommendations for spring Daytona Cbr600rr

Started by 2old2fat2slow, November 22, 2007, 11:29:06 AM

2old2fat2slow

Like the title says,we have our 2005 cbr 600rr almost ready to go racing and I wanted to hear some opinions on gearing for the spring opener in Daytona. It will be our first outing with this bike and we have never been there before so advice from anyone with experience on the 05/06 cbr at Daytona will be greatly appreciated. I have 15 & 17 tooth front gears and I have 38,39,40,43,45,48,50 rears. We currently have 15/45 on it and still have the street plastic and a license plate so we can test/tune until she is ready to race. With the 15/45 I can't keep the front wheel on the ground with minimal mods to the powertrain. Thanks!
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

steelcityracer

I no longer race a honda so I cant remember the specific tooth numbers, but I used to run the stock gearing for daytona, and when I got a little better at drafting I actually ran stock in the front and one down in the back.

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: steelcityracer on November 22, 2007, 01:33:34 PM
I no longer race a honda so I cant remember the specific tooth numbers, but I used to run the stock gearing for daytona, and when I got a little better at drafting I actually ran stock in the front and one down in the back.
Thanks!
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

salvagerider

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: salvagerider on November 22, 2007, 10:20:11 PM
  Depends on motor.  I would recommend  16/45
Motor is bone stock,Leo Vince Full exhaust,PCIII,Bmc race filter,Factory Pro velocity stacks. Thanks for the help!

fatboy122

I have an 03 and just rode there last month at the ROC. my motor is bone stock, ran a 16/45..I also weigh 225, my quickest time was a 1:59  and i was fairly consistent with the lap times every lap..