News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Magazine RoadRacerX

Started by oh344ccs, February 23, 2003, 05:24:47 PM

oh344ccs

Hey, has anyone else seen this new mag?  I was at the grocery store and noticed it on the shelf, and couldn't pass it up.  Just finished it and it's pretty impressive, no real tech stuff, but still well worth the time.  I guess this is the first issue?  Sure didn't help my spring fever :'( ;D

SliderPhoto

I've seen RacerX online but seemed to be motocross.

There should be subscription info somewhere in the mag, could you post or send me an address or contact phone number? If it's a roadrace mag, hopefully we can get them to publish race results and photos this season.

Gixxer124

They were handing them out at the dealer show in Indy last weekend. Volume 1 Issue 1. I think I'll save that one.

sportbikepete

Too funny I was just at the grocery store and saw/bought it also!

harb990

Went to B&N at lunch - didnt find the mag, but found the subscription info in racerx

http://www.roadracerx.com
or 1-800-406-5420

SliderPhoto

QuoteWent to B&N at lunch - didnt find the mag, but found the subscription info in racerx

http://www.roadracerx.com
or 1-800-406-5420

Thank you sir! I e-mailed the editor earlier today.

Super Dave

Hmm.  Tough market to crack.  Who's the editor?  That will probably be some kind of a sign to me.
Super Dave

SliderPhoto

QuoteHmm.  Tough market to crack.  Who's the editor?  That will probably be some kind of a sign to me.

I e-mailed the managing editor, Bryan Stealey. I'll follow up with a call tomorrow.

SliderPhoto

I talked to one of the editors last night and they aren't interested in regular race coverage articles, but they are open to articles if I can find a good angle.

So if one of you racers do something interesting, let me know!  ;D :P

Super Dave

Sounds like a picture magazine, not an insider magazine like Roadracing World.

Don't recognize the editor's name at all.

You guys that have it...  It's just full of AMA and GP pictures and a bunch of ads?

In the late 80's, early 90's there was a magazine called "Road Racer Illustrated".  Again, neat pic's, some rider features.
Super Dave

SliderPhoto

Yeah, I need to get a copy. I'm excited though. Still an opportunity to get the racers some recognition and something they can take back to their sponsors. Might also be an opportunity to feature a racer that isn't a top-five expert like the rest of the mags want. Not to mention the articles wont require having the race results in hand. :)

Super Dave

Personally, I doubt that this mag will do it.  I'm betting they are going after a big show, international road racing mag look.
Super Dave