lifes great

Started by Ducmarc, November 19, 2007, 10:31:21 PM

Ducmarc

ain't life great no nascar for a couple of weeks ....and a nice new format that I can see. and understand.

Court Jester

NASCAR does have it's advantages. It's nice to know you can leave your stuff sit out unattended for a few hours every Sunday afternoon because all of America's white trash is either at the race or watching it on TV.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Ducmarc

you got that right .where i live if they heard me say it they would let my cows out and burn a cross on my lawn lol ..the only nascar show I like is back in the day that's the stock cars  i remember . I used to crew on and ASA allpro team years ago but this stuff today bores me to death

03 6R

Toves33

I do like this new online format. I was getting tired of looking at pumpkins just as I was getting tired of seeing Nascar on TV.

funsizeracing

I had a NASCAR fanatic who also rides tell me that he didn't watch Moto GP/WorldSBK because he couldn't go out and ride those bikes but he liked NASCAR so much because he could go out and drive those cars!   :wtf:  Maybe is you've got a spare million laying around.  Same guy also believes NASCAR is the hardest form of racing there is,  open wheel racing (KART) is way to easy because even women can do it.  :blahblah: I HATE NASCAR!!!!!

Then again, what should I expect when I live in a town where people keep turtles in their bath tubs! :biggrin:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Super Dave

I actually like NASCAR.  Sorry.

The cars basically all suck, so, the team and driver are working to be in position at the end. 

As a business, it's big.  It's not easy, but no AMA factory team or even WSB or MotoGP team could handle their schedule. 

I'm not a person that watches it regularly.  When it's on, I watch some.  I enjoy hearing about all the NASCAR banter because it's all part of the over all marketing plan. 
Super Dave

chaplain220

We were at Daytona in March, tuning the bikes between races, when a couple of the maintenance guys started replacing the filled trash bags, I looked over and said, "thanks man", and they just stared like I was smokin crack.  Then they both said, "you bike guys aren't anything like the car racers."  And they told us how rude the NASCAR bunch was when they were there.  I guess it takes a little more humility to race on top of our machines and face each other instead of getting car muscles sitting behind a steering wheel.  Come to think of it, unlike NASCAR, I dont ever remember a moto gp bro doing a running jump to kick out the windscreen on another bike! 

Ducmarc

they do have a impressive marketing machine . I think the only one that rivals it is pro football  don't think they have a race that attracts less than 100,000 people

Super Dave

Quote from: chaplain220 on November 20, 2007, 06:33:51 PM
"you bike guys aren't anything like the car racers."

Yeah, I've heard that a lot.  Not just the racers, but the fans too. 

If you're working for tips in Daytona, you'll make more during bike week than you will during speed week.

I know when we go out on bike weekends everywhere, we tip pretty well.  Makes it easy to order the next time we're there.
Super Dave

Stillie

They treated us like royalty in 2003 when my unit took part in the opening ceremonies for the 500. Of course pissing off a large contingent of military folks isn't a really good idea.
-Stefan
CCS# 248 Am Mid-Atlantic
Team WFYMR
Sponsors/Supporters: Kat's Truck Parts LLC | RnR Cycles | ScorpionEXO | Woodcraft-CFM | Vortex Racing | Sidi Boots | Lockhart-Phillips