News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My new trailer

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, February 23, 2003, 10:56:39 AM

charliev

Anyone have suggestions on enclosed trailers with aluminum frames? Rust is a major concern where i live.

Super Dave

QuoteBadger Truck and Trailer supply in MAdison, WI. $14 for a 10' piece.

DAve, when I asked, you said $2300 or $2400. Also they had this trailer (was an open unit) coming in on a shipment within 2 days.;D

But you don't have a ramp.  And I think that todays prices are with a special pricing structure from Pace that has some more discounts to dealers.  I don't remember the the quote off the top of my head, so I'm sorry there.  We have three of those trailers on our lot now in Waukesha.

But you did get a Pace...  It is a good trailer.
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteAnyone have suggestions on enclosed trailers with aluminum frames? Rust is a major concern where i live.

Where are you from?  That will dictate who's trailer you should get, because aluminum trailers are lower in volume because they cost 30 to 40% more than a comperable steel trailer.  And shipping of an individual trailer will kill you.

Where do you live that rust is a concern.  Lots of us on this thread are from Wisconsin.  Really, the rust comes into play if you use it in the winter.
Super Dave

davegsxrold929r

QuoteWhere are you from?  That will dictate who's trailer you should get, because aluminum trailers are lower in volume because they cost 30 to 40% more than a comperable steel trailer.  And shipping of an individual trailer will kill you.

Where do you live that rust is a concern.  Lots of us on this thread are from Wisconsin.  Really, the rust comes into play if you use it in the winter.

ALUMINUM TRAILER COMPANY  ., or i got mine from CARGOPRO  ., they are both all aluminum..... and not bad on price., def. more that a regular steel...

how much do you sell the pace 6x12 with ramp for ?? i have a buddy looking for one ., in the CT. NY area ???

dave

Super Dave

Relly depends upon which model you're looking for.  

e-mail me with ideas.  But with that distance, it isn't worth driving out for, but I can give you a reasonable figure that you should shoot for.
Super Dave

stickman

I'm also trailer shopping. I was looking at the Ultra Light Worthington all aluminum trailers. They cost about twice as much as a same sized Haulmark, but weights only 900 lbs for a 6x12. What do you guys think about these brands compared to Pace?

I was concerned about weight because I'm going to haul it with my Tundra V6. If I had a V8, I wouldn't worry about it.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI'm also trailer shopping. I was looking at the Ultra Light Worthington all aluminum trailers. They cost about twice as much as a same sized Haulmark, but weights only 900 lbs for a 6x12. What do you guys think about these brands compared to Pace?

I was concerned about weight because I'm going to haul it with my Tundra V6. If I had a V8, I wouldn't worry about it.

My 6X12 Pace weighs 1050 and its steel. My dakota (3.9L) doesnt even notice it behind it when towing. Heck I smoked a S10 with it behind the Dak. BTW my Dak has a 6,000lb tow rating. Seen a few full size half tons that are rated the same. ;D ;D

Realt test is this spring when teh bikes and gear are all in there.;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Never heard of a Worthington trailer, myself.

The biggest trick with a trailer is the frontal area that you're pushing through the wind.  Sure, weight would be an issue if you tried to pull my trailer, but the frontal area would kill you.

I've heard of guys with Toyota V6's doing pretty well with trailers.  Astro vans too.
Super Dave

stickman

Is there a big difference in quality between a Haulmark and a Pace?

Super Dave

Super Dave

charliev

I live on the beach in daytona. throw a stone and you hit the ocean. I need something that will hold up to the salt air. BTW it's t storming right now as i wait for GTU this afternoon :'(

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteI was concerned about weight because I'm going to haul it with my Tundra V6.

WOW...you could of had a V8 ;D