NEED HELP! Next riding season (STREET) 1st week of July in SouthEast Region

Started by unforgivenracing, November 08, 2007, 07:10:16 PM

unforgivenracing

I am tring to plan my vacation with the Wife next summer.  (Around the first week of July) Anybody know of some good sources for planning self guided motorcycle road trips?  :ahhh:   Maybe something that lists all family oriented motorcycle riding events.(like a national database)  Some seem to be right about the same time and region, and it would be nice to visit more then one event at this time. If something happens to overlap or be in route to/from something else.  Put on more miles that way, and see more places/people.  Joining clubs does'nt seem to help. :err:  Any know rallies in OHIO, N.C., S.C., VA., TN., GA., Ky. 

Any help would be GREAT! :thumb:  I got all winter to plan this thing. :banghead:
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Court Jester

Just go to deals gap for a week. there is more than enough with in 100 miles in all directions to keep you running for a week.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

chaplain220

A riding vacation...sweeeet!  Deals Gap is a blast, but the local law is still on the rampage at the Dragon and the best surrounding roads, and I suspect they will keep it up next season. Around Memorial day we are gonna rally the bikes at Seneca Rocks and smokehole caverns WV for a week, staging at a riverside lodge. But one of the best road trips I ever took that might offer you the riding and places to explore was riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy from Cherokee NC all the way to Front Royal Va.  600 miles of the most dynamic scenery, mountain vistas, and best continuous twisties you could want.  We stayed at a mountaintop lodge right along the Pkwy called peaks of otter lodge.  No tvs, no phones, just good food, endless expanse of stars and great waterfalls to hike.  Lots of stuff to see along the way and close enough to major routes if ya want to break off. Patrolled but not terrorized like some other spots, and plenty of places to pass safely.  Now,ya gonna be a man and ride the sportbike,(number plates count for bonus points), or wimp out and bring the cruiser?