News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tires - specifically Michelins

Started by Decreasing_Dave, February 22, 2003, 04:17:23 PM

motox

What it is wrong with Bridgestone tires ???

Speedballer347

Speaking from a winning 600 amateur, who likes to slide the front wheel on entrance....I loved the Pirelli's 8)
Front/rear slid predictably, lots of traction, and felt like I could really get away w/ making some mistakes w/ them.
Front was unbelievable when sliding, rear seemed like it was a little less forgiving w/ sliding, but that could have easily been attributed to my riding skill (or lack of it).
I'll run them next year :)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

MELK-MAN

i love the michelins, soft front/medium rear. tried a soft rear but it was only good for 1 day. 2 GOOD days out of the s2/m2 combo. im running 8-9 seconds off the new JenningsGP track record with a 2000f4 with some suspension work. (stock motor). I dont know how many days your trying to get out of your tires but myself and most others i speak with understand that pushing fast laps after the 2nd day is not good, even with tire warmers. I love these tires but havent tried much else for long enough to compare other tires. The michelin front is a tad taller as it gives more full lean contact patch and you will need to adjust your forks for this.
later
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice