News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

summit main repave.

Started by bambam, October 10, 2007, 02:12:08 PM

bambam

here is a link with some pictures that were taken yesterday

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34036

now i went by just a little bit ago. after making me sit and wait for 30 minutes i was told that they would not be allowing "work in progress" pictures. I told them that i was a member of a local forum with several hundred members that were dying for some pictures and was told to come back friday and i could take all i wanted of the finished product. from what i was able to see it looked very nice. hopefully the cars being there for 3 days fri-sun wont tear it up too bad with such a short cure time. it makes me almost want to sign up for the 15th with tpm to find out.

chaplain220

Saw the pics, she's lookin real good.  But I dont know if I can handle coming through 5 without hitting my favorite cracked concrete patch with missing chunk of pavement ::).   

bambam

i figure that this will slow down some of the fast guys for a couple of laps since all of the "character marks"  that we all use for reference points will be gone. then watch out cause if it is as smooth as it looks it should be faster. hopefully there is more airfence to be had cause we will need it with increased speeds in some corners. then again there are cars on it today so it will be bumpy again tomorrow.

rogers1323

Cars on it today?  Brilliant.  That's ok, I'm not going there nearly as much next year.

weil136

Art, I thought that chunk of pavement was you.

chaplain220

Only in turn 10, but ya gotta be pretty close to the tire wall to actually tag me cause I'm usually sprawled against it :err:.

edrod68

They actually went and did it eh?  I remember the last time they re-paved Summit, I couldn't believe the difference it makes when there are less bumps....

Cool... can't wait til next year to get out there and see how it is...

And don't worry Art... smother pavement or not.. it shouldn't affect a slow old man like you much.... :biggrin:

Just kidding.... we'll work on getting you a bit faster next year...... hopefully you don't get any slower during the off season...

MotoHick

Grip, grip and grip - smooth, smooth and smooth!! I don't know how long it's going to last, but right now Summit Point Main Rocks!! I went today expecting to be disappointed, but that wasn't the case at all. Can't wait to see what the big boys do on this track next season. Can you say 1:08's?

Simon

Quote from: MotoHick on October 15, 2007, 09:40:05 PM
...Can you say 1:08's?
Oh my! We're definately going to need more Airfence if/when this is happens.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

yetidave

Quote from: Simon on October 16, 2007, 07:09:48 AM
Oh my! We're definately going to need more Airfence if/when this is happens.

It's going to happen at the first national event. And yes, more airfence will be a must. I can't believe how fast that track is now.

rogers1323

Quote from: edrod68 on October 15, 2007, 07:37:06 AM
And don't worry Art... smother pavement or not.. it shouldn't affect a slow old man like you much.... :biggrin:

Just kidding.... we'll work on getting you a bit faster next year...... hopefully you don't get any slower during the off season...

Art's going to be on a newer bike, that's properly set up.  I give him 2 seconds a lap right off the bat.  And since I'll be wearing a white plate next year, you'll have to chase me around the track some.........  :biggrin:

Garywc

it was faster but tore up tires
and its still bumpy in a few spots
turn 5 is coming apart already then there is the 2 extra feet they paved right over the dirt so that shouldn't take long to tare apart
plus they paved right over the concrete and the concrete curbs
it will be all shitty again before next race season
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO