Looking for pointers on race prepping a 2005 cbr 600rr

Started by 2old2fat2slow, October 06, 2007, 09:49:41 PM

2old2fat2slow

So far we have rounded up 2 sets of race plastics(at the body shop getting paint), Elka triple clicker rear shock,spare front forks with 20mm traxxion cartridges,factory pro velocity stacks,factory pro shift kit, 4 sets of front and rear wheels,Woodcraft clip ons, gpr damper, valter moto rear sets,leo vince full race system, power commander III usb, bmc race air filter,Goodridge stainless braided brake lines,vortex fairing stay, renthal 520 15 & 17 tooth front sprockets, renthal 520 38,39,40,41,45,46,48 tooth rear sprockets and chain. And I installed a 4000 mile engine with intention of freshing up the 17,000 engine over the winter. I will definately put a manual cam chain tentioner in the 17k engine. The 4k engine is minty fresh. I would love to put a slipper clutch in it before Daytona but I am running out of money :lmao:
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

2old2fat2slow

Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

tstruyk

you buy me a setup like that I'll cut/trim/bag/fertilize/wash the car/paint the house...

my folks have 2 other son's... I wont be missed THAT much!   :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

2old2fat2slow

Quote from: tstruyk on November 02, 2007, 11:21:11 AM
you buy me a setup like that I'll cut/trim/bag/fertilize/wash the car/paint the house...

my folks have 2 other son's... I wont be missed THAT much!   :biggrin:
You drive a hard bargain!! Did I mention we also have a fully prepped R6 as a backup bike. We could tour like the Partridge Family.

tstruyk

I RACE AN R6!!!!! 

this is working out wonderfully... do I have to move or can I just commute?  I'm kinda partial to st louis, I could actually contract out the yard work and still come out ahead by my math!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85