Kickstand removal question

Started by Rob94, September 21, 2007, 09:48:23 PM

Rob94

I am doing my first CCS race this weekend at VIR.  I have a 06 Kawasaki ZX6r.  When I do trackdays tech is always fine as long as my kickstand is zip tied up.  Reading the rules in the CCS manual it states that the kickstand must be removed.  Can I pass tech on a race weekend with my kickstand zip tied?  Thanks guys!    :cheers:

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

gntbldr

and you'll need to jumper the kill switch wires to get the bike to start.

Burt Munro

Couple quick questions..

*Does your bike have the factory bodywork on it or have you replaced it with race plastic? 
*If you have the factory bodywork all lighting needs to be removed. 
*You can get an exemption for your 1st race weekend if you don't have a full bellypan that will hold 3 qts of oil.

*Oil fill, oil drain plug and oil filter safety wired?

Good luck..... hope it goes well for you and you have everything else in place.

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Rob94

I have race bodywork on.  The problem is my bike is already at the track with my friend and I won't be getting there until early sunday morning.  So that means I have to remove my kickstand, get through tech, and register in an hour or I miss practice.  Any one know how to connect the wires after I remove my kickstand so my bike will start?

Super Dave

Easiest is to tape and or whatever you have to do to make the ignition work with the switch.  Some systems need a resistor inline.  Some just have to have the whole switch removed at the factory connector, and it works.  But that's something that should be done before you head to the track.

Look for a way to get it to operate, then go for the big propper fix later that afternoon.
Super Dave

Rob94

thanks for all the help guys!  If anyone is at vir tommorow i will be the guy running around like a mad man before practice with a green ZX6R.  haha

gskudlarick@gmail.com

Hi,
or I mean help..
I'm installing sharkskinz body work on a 1000rr to race in css blackhawk farms, but the belly pan won't fit over stock exhaust, aftermarket exhaust is on backorder.    Can I get an exception for first race, or does anyone have ideas on how to jury-rig something.  Can't figure out how I would add a turkey pan.  e.g. with Safety wire, or Tie strips?

IFMracing

Quote from: gskudlarick@gmail.com on August 15, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
Can I get an exception for first race, or does anyone have ideas on how to jury-rig something.  Can't figure out how I would add a turkey pan.  e.g. with Safety wire, or Tie strips?

No exception.
And please be sure that everything is 100% safe.
These rules are in place to ensure all riders safety.
It's not just your LIFE on the line, but EVERYONE else that is out there.  Don't half ass ANYTHING. 
If it's questionable, fix it, and fix it properly. If this means that you miss a race to get your machine back to 100%, it's not the end of the world, when going out could literally be the end of someones world.

Last year I missed an entire day after traveling to Road America when I noticed an oil leak after practice.  It was a light leak, but I couldn't fix it properly at the track, it probably would have been fine, but I wasn't going to risk laying a slick down. OUR safety was more important to me than my lost entry fees.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing