News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

KAOSH give aways at BFR 9-15,16

Started by gntbldr, September 20, 2007, 06:35:17 PM

gntbldr

I hope all the amateur racers that got free Kick Ass Or Stay Home T-shirts and decals are happy with them.

What the deal was is that one of my sponsors (KAOSH sportswear) wanted to pay for my entire race weekend last weekend and I didn't want to accept that. He's been doing a lot for me this season so I wanted to return the favor.

SO... I asked him for as many t's and decals as he could give so that I can give them away to the racers that get close to the top 3 but just didn't get there. (LOL which ended up being me a couple times even) 

I know all the racers that stopped by to collect were real glad to have won something so I talked with Jeff at KAOSH (pronounced K-ah-sh) and we are thinking of trying to do the give away in the classes I'll be racing in next season too.  Which will most likely be AM USB, GTO, GTU

It was my way of saying Thank You to all the racers in the classes I raced in for the season for helping me have one Kick Ass first season in racing sportbikes.

jim jr

alexm

Thanks for the nice gesture Jim and KAOSH!

Spooner427

Thanks Jim for thinking about the slower guys at the track. My teammate got one of the KAOSH shirts and I think gave you one of our T-shirts. Were thinking about following your lead next year and giving shirts out for the amateurs out there not winning. What places did you give them out to 4th, 5th...etc? Also what sizes did you bring and if you could do it different what would you change?

gntbldr

Your Team Mate was Brian right?

I was almost going to wear that shirt today to work but had a brain fart. I'll sport that thing tomorrow for sure.

Do it different?

wouldn't do so. Man, when I went up to drop off my transponder a couple of the staff up there said it was real cool seeing riders coming up all happy and whatnot asking where to collect the out of the ordinary prizes.
That within itself was pretty cool. 
The Real cool thing is having them come by the pit with that sense of excitement and sharing it with me cause heck Mike, I was racing with them so I know where they're coming from. ;)

For every spot that I won with all of us I gave another shirt away to someone that came buy just asking about them. All the way to the point where it was then end of the day and someone actually got the shirt right off my back and a load of decals for fun's sake.

all in total there were 20 shirts given away and about 40 decals. No one knew how much to take when I said "how many of which would you like?", as in regards to the decals, so they just enjoyed what I gave them.

yo AlexM, you're welcome. glad you Like. 

Court Jester

where's my t-shirt. i want a t-shirt.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

red900

T shirts are better than firewood.  At least you can use the shirt...

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

gntbldr

well Mike, yer 1st on the list after Dustin

actually I was meaning to give each of yous shirts till I got my helmet cracked open. after that I'm just glad I remembered how to ride my bike and to bring a spare helmet!

backMARKr

Quote from: red900 on September 20, 2007, 11:39:57 PM
T shirts are better than firewood.  At least you can use the shirt...

That WAS quite the bonfire Saturday night! :thumb:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

steve p

Hey Jim,

Sorry I missed you last weekend.  I didn't know about the shirts otherwise I would have been over there and
tackled you for one.  I think it is great, the whole shirt/decal give away thing.  Better than the "contingency" sponsors.  Look forward to seeing you
next year.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

Court Jester

Quote from: gntbldr on September 21, 2007, 12:09:08 AM
well Mike, yer 1st on the list after Dustin

and you still got up and finished the race.  :thumb: :wtf: :thumb:
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Spooner427

**gntbldr**
Yeah Brian is my teammate.

So we will try and work something out for next year then giving away shirts.
What races and what places did you do for the shirts?

gntbldr

AM races:
MWGP  4th,5th,6th
GTO 4th,5th,6th
UGP 11th,12th,13th
USB 4th,5th,6th

sry, I forgot to answer that question earlier.

wearing yer shirt today here at work and already got a couple laughs from some peeps that read it. :thumbsup: