News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV Motor Removal Question

Started by tlc, September 13, 2007, 09:32:13 AM

proechel539

I made mine with a 4" grinder and some extra sockets it cost me a whole 20 minutes.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

resurection

And if you were selling them .
Let me guess what your time is worth and shipping and the cost of the sockets.
Hummmm!

tlc

When I started looking for these sockets I couldn't find them anywhere partly because I was unfamiliar with what to look for, partly because I don't have connections locally, partly because I'm just new to the whole process of what I needed them for, and yeah, I'm just not a good mechanic. 

Resurrection stepped up and offered to make me a set and ship them out quickly.  He did just that.  He made the socket and got them to me in 2 day.  Faster than any supplier that I've ever used before.  Well worth it to me.

proechel539

I just put that out there no harm intended. I know you have to charge for you're time and material, Got it. No harm no foul (hopefully). Now what about those captive spacers ? I'll need one front and two rears after Christmas for the SV. ( the wife has different priority's than me LOL).

Thanks, Darrell
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

resurection

Thanks for the kind words
Sorry about spacers I got little or no response about them and got caught up in a late season bike service rush .
I will have more time when the weather goes south with the bike service.

tlc

Finally got to use the sockets this weekend that resurrection made for me.  Ok, I didn't use them but the guys (Rich Desmond and Randy Smith) working on my bike used them.  They said they looked very professionally done in great shape and that whoever made them knew what they were doing.  They were impressed for sure.  Sure was nice to have them since the ones from Suzuki are on constant backorder right now, according to Rich.

resurection