News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VP-U4 Leave in tank?

Started by EM JAY, September 12, 2007, 10:56:10 AM

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Noidly1 on September 19, 2007, 04:27:20 PM
Why go through all the trouble, is the fuel so good that it warrents the headache of filling n drainging of the tank so often?

Yes

123user

If your inclined to drain your tank and have a FI bike, I definately recommend the quick-connects from motion pro.  Buy 3,  one for the pressure side, one for the regulator side, and one for on a 3 foot length of hose to drain to your gas can.

Some racers (like me) closely monitor fuel consumption.  I drain the tank after every session or race.  That way I'm not carrying extra fuel load.  8 laps a Blackhawk uses 0.9 gallons + another 0.5 to keep the fuel pump submerged.

For Dave's comment, if your lucky, your FI bike doesn't have an o2 sensor.   Marelli units (before '06) don't utilize one.  Neither do TL motors (I think when suzuki switch to the 32 bit processor for the sv they added a o2 channel).  Both utilize Alpha-N mapping.  Unless you have a wide range lamda sensor, the feedback from exhaust mixture makes race tuning nearly impossible.

dylanfan53

Quote from: Super Dave on September 14, 2007, 08:12:36 AM

Okay Rosno...I finally saw that commercial and now I get it.  You sooo funny.   :biggrin:

('scuse the threadjack.)

Drain your U-4.
Don Cook
CCS #53

ahastings

Quote from: tstruyk on September 19, 2007, 12:03:14 PM
isnt that the stuff that was buring motors at daytona back in march?
No , that was probably U4.1 which came out in the spring because that fuel required to be richened up excessively and if you didn't the bike would run very lean. I believe they used a lot of ethanol for the oxygenate. VP has discontinued U4.1  and replaced it with U4.2 which is closer to pump gas as far as mapping goes.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor