News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VP-U4 Leave in tank?

Started by EM JAY, September 12, 2007, 10:56:10 AM

spyderchick

Quote from: resurrection on September 16, 2007, 10:33:51 PM
I can help you and your bike catch Ed give us a call@ resurrection .
Remember he may offer alot of help but it's not in his best intrest to make you faster than he is!!

Problem is, Ed spends all of his spare money on unobtainium, all of his waking moments either eating, breathing or pissing racing, and he's been doing it since the dinosaurs turned into crude, so Mikey has a bunch of catching up to do!  :ahhh: :biggrin:

Although Ed has not so recently hit his head...
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

resurection

When nick (grasshopper) started racing 4 or 5 years ago ,he thought ED was untouchable.
After several bikes and many laps we and I say WE because I have spent countless hours building and boosting his bike and confidence.
Ed is only a fast human any human with a good bike and enough effort will give him a race.
Don't sell yourself short .Nick never did and next year Ed may well be chasing him

Super Dave

Super Dave

racer911

Quote from: APP_Racing on September 18, 2007, 09:41:35 AM
They say that 4.2 was created because so many people yelled about U4 gelling.  I talked to a tech at VP and they basically said no reason to buy U4.2 if you drain it.  I think it costs a little more but I really can't remember.

actually 4.2 costs $10 a can less (5 gal).
Bobby
#910 EX

tstruyk

isnt that the stuff that was buring motors at daytona back in march?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

spyderchick

Quote from: tstruyk on September 19, 2007, 12:03:14 PM
isnt that the stuff that was buring motors at daytona back in march?

I believe they have reformulated it.

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Noidly1

Why go through all the trouble, is the fuel so good that it warrents the headache of filling n drainging of the tank so often?

Why not use a race fuel that has the same gravity (a/f ratio) as pump?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

Actually, you're asking an excellent question, but you're not recognizing all the details.

Everything being equal, yeah, it would just be a matter of getting a fuel that has a similar specific gravity. 

However, there are a couple things that make a difference also.  First, pump gas is unleaded and the uniformity of the flame burn isn't like leaded.  Leaded will burn with a more uniform flame front.  Unleadeds will not, and, often, they pump out an amount of unburned mixture. 

Next, the amount of oxygenate in some fuels is more than pump gas.  U4 is one that has more than the standard amount of oxygenate in most pump gases.

Now, there are racing fuels that don't require that they be drained and all like some VP products to reduce the danger of ruining hard parts.
Super Dave

Noidly1

Pardon my lack of knowlage, I thought EFI bikes had an O2 sensor and the fuel in question was unleaded.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Super Dave

U4 is leaded.  Yeah, they have an oxygen sensor, but you can remove them without it affecting the map, per se;  it doesn't throw a code.  Leaded fuel will kill an O2 sensor...and a cat too, for that matter.
Super Dave

spyderchick

I had thought curiosity killed the cat.  :wah:

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

GSXR RACER MIKE

If the kittie doesn't get pet and licked often it get's lonely and might die from lack of attention!  :kissy:

(I couldn't resist either!  :biggrin: )
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96