New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Who was the photographer at Summit today? 9/9/2007

Started by mikendzel, September 09, 2007, 09:22:52 PM

davidcycle

mid atlantic #33 AM
Integrated sports medicine, www.rnrcycles.com, Bio Tech racing, dunlop, vortex,

YellowDesmo998

I was there as well taking pics from the inside of T5 during the MW SS race on Saturday (I think it was MW SS but MW for sure). Too hot and too tired the rest of the weekend from racing myself.

I'm gonna work with Guzz to get them up.  I don't have the time to post them like I used to.  Guzz, contact me at edemattia at yahoo dot com.  TIA

YellowDesmo998

A quick pic from the race.  Pics sent to Guzz to post.  :cheers:

SVbadguy

Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

YellowDesmo998

Very nice!!  Thank you!

You gonna be at Summit in a few weeks with WERA?  I'll be there pitted across from Pin-In (T10) as always.  Stop by for a beer or three  :cheers:

SVbadguy

I'll be there doing my WERA-only cornerworking as usual.  Hopefully I'll be in a good location for taking some pictures.  Last time I was too deep in turn 1 to get anything decent (with my equipment anyways).   I don't drink any alcohol but thanks for the offer. :thumb:
Mid-Atlantic Region 

Kuala76

Nice pics guys  :thumb:  Travis -I'll see you at VIR and Red Shirt - I'll see you at Summit, and I DO drink alcohol so count on me to hit you up for one at the close of "business"  :cheers:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

YellowDesmo998

Quote from: SVbadguy on September 18, 2007, 08:22:44 PM
Hopefully I'll be in a good location for taking some pictures.  Last time I was too deep in turn 1 to get anything decent (with my equipment anyways). 

That shot is great!  I cropped it in Photoshop CS2 and it really pops!  That D40 is more then powerful enough to get great shots.  I see you shot me at 130mm.  What lens do you have?  I normally shoot with my 200mm lens and can get great shots just about everywhere.  

On occasion I'll put the teleconverter on to shoot at 400mm but 400mm is too tight for most locations at Summit.  Shooting into T9 from the cornerworkers station along the straight to the bridge is a good place for 400mm, but that's about it.  most of my shots from the inside of T5 (the one I posted) is at 70mm to 130mm max.

YellowDesmo998

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 18, 2007, 08:40:12 PM
Nice pics guys  :thumb:  Travis -I'll see you at VIR and Red Shirt - I'll see you at Summit, and I DO drink alcohol so count on me to hit you up for one at the close of "business"  :cheers:

You know there's always a cold sixxer waiting for you!  :biggrin:

SVbadguy

I always use my 55-200 lens.   It works great for most places.  But from the outside of turn 1 at the wall it's not enough which I found out the last time I cornerworked.  That's probably the furtherest point from the track of any cw position.

For this last weekend I borrowed a 1.7x teleconverter from a friend but it really didn't seemed to do much zoom-wise.  Plus it's a much older piece and doesn't seem all that compatible.  It really slows down the auto-focus.

I may start looking into a larger lens because I don't want to come up short with my pics when I go to Valencia in November.
Mid-Atlantic Region 

YellowDesmo998

This is the lens I shoot with at the track: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/274780-USA/Nikon_2139_70_200mm_f_2_8D_VR_G_AFS.html

This is my every day lens: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/408518-USA/Nikon_2159_18_200mm_f_3_5_5_6G_ED_IF_AF_S.html

The 70-200mm f2.8 (top lens) is super fast auto focusing, even with the 2x teleconverter.  That would be a great lens to use at Valencia and can be rented for only a few $$ a day.  Look into photo rental places there before you leave and reserve one.  Getting one here would cost more because you would be renting it the entire time vs renting it while there.

But if you're going to buy one, the 70-200mm f2.8 is a GREAT lens!  Stick with Nikon glass.

Come see me at Summit and we'll put my lens on your camera to see how you like it.  We'll try the teleconverter too so you can see how fast it focuses even with it on.

Guzz

Damn You Travis! I am out there all season with over 25,000 exposures this season to my name and I can barely keep these guys in focus. You go buy a camera, take it out of the box, and Click! Perfect Pics every time!  :ahhh: Overachiever!!!  :lmao:

Here's my submission of the Big "Cannoli":

GUZZ~

PRESIDENT- Mid-Atlantic Road Racing Club
www.marrc.org