Summit Main

Started by 23sLady, September 04, 2007, 10:34:49 AM

ahastings

T8 is prob. has the closest wall of all.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

23sLady

ahhhhhhhhh piece of cake :) It was a blast today. Thanks for the tips

Kuala76

Quote from: LilJayRR on September 05, 2007, 08:49:40 PM
T8 walls are of concern ?

Yes...Turn 8 is no joke... it's even a little uncomfortable finding a "safe" place to work that turn since the walls are so close to the track. 

PS.  Please don't add Turn 8 to your "list of places I've crashed at Summit"  :biggrin:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

My avatar of me holding up the bike is a T8 incident.  Had two that particular time and it also collected 3 people in another incident that day.

LilJayRR

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 06, 2007, 09:38:27 AM
PS.  Please don't add Turn 8 to your "list of places I've crashed at Summit"  :biggrin:

Noted
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

SVbadguy

Station 7 (actual turn 8  ) has the closest wall.  Station 8 (actual turn 9) isn't much better.  CWs and racers aren't on the same page here in how they are refering to each.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Kuala76

Quote from: SVbadguy on September 06, 2007, 11:27:49 AM
Station 7 (actual turn 8  ) has the closest wall.  Station 8 (actual turn 9) isn't much better.  CWs and racers aren't on the same page here in how they are refering to each.

I've heard this before...so in "racers" terms, the berm we stand on to work MARRC Corner 8 - where the air bag is sometimes, would be "racers station 7"???
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

SVbadguy

Quote from: Kuala76 on September 06, 2007, 11:33:05 AM
I've heard this before...so in "racers" terms, the berm we stand on to work MARRC Corner 8 - where the air bag is sometimes, would be "racers station 7"???

No, that's turn 9.  We (racers) call the turns what they are.  The corner station names are what vary.
Mid-Atlantic Region 

TheHiriser

Quote from: SVbadguy on September 06, 2007, 11:27:49 AM

Yeah I'm confused now too.  So where you took that picture of me holding up the bike racers call 9? 

Simon

Quote from: TheHiriser on September 06, 2007, 12:58:12 PM
Yeah I'm confused now too.  So where you took that picture of me holding up the bike racers call 9? 
I think thats right Mike. What we (cornerworkers) call 9, where the 9 hot tub is, isn't classed as a turn by most racers. What we call 8 they call 9.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

castle228

Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

SVbadguy

Mid-Atlantic Region