News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Chris Angel Mind FAKE!

Started by Marsolais, September 03, 2007, 04:08:50 PM

Marsolais

I can't believe what they have on TV these days. I'm watching what is most likely an old episode but that's what I get for being over sea's. This retard is acting like he is being electrocuted by 3 million volts. Well this dumbass forgot that there are people in this world that work with electricity everyday. I used to be one of them. I was an electrician apprentice working towards my journeyman electrician licence before I came in the military.

This tool got dressed in a shark bite suit and was acting like he was going to get hit with a bolt of lightening. Hey retard you are wearing leather boot, a insulated jump suit and leather gloves. YOU ARE NOT GROUNDED! Go ahead and take those boots, suit and gloves off and see what happens. At least David Copperfield kept his stuff believable.

By the way it's the AMPS that kill you not the volts.

Helmsman

A magic show faking stuff?  SHOCKING!!!!  Its really a combination of the volts and amps that kills you.  Yes, it is the amount amperage across your heart that is critical in if you survive or not, but volts plays a pretty big role in how the current travels.

This isn't a new trick at all anyway....Edison and Tesla were doing stuff like this a LONG time ago at public demonstrations.  Edison would do it to prove that DC was "safe" by taking a couple thousand volts of it at low amps...and then fry a dog or other animal with a low voltage high amperage AC shock...since no one knew any better at the time....people thought DC was safer.  This is actually how the electric chair came to be...Edison figured it would give AC power a bad name...and people would use DC power (and buy his equipment.)  Pretty interesting book about this:  http://www.amazon.com/Empires-Light-Edison-Westinghouse-Electrify/dp/0375507396  Very good book.

Did you ever finish your apprenticeship?  I passed my journeyman's this summer, but i still have one year left in the apprenticeship.  2 more years until masters!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Copperfield was more of a 'fake'. At least Angel takes it 'out on the town'. Still trying to figure out how the freaking hell he does the levitation tricks.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Marsolais

Quote from: Helmsman on September 03, 2007, 10:41:56 PM
Did you ever finish your apprenticeship?  I passed my journeyman's this summer, but i still have one year left in the apprenticeship.  2 more years until masters!

Nope never finished it. Went in the Army right out of high school. Would love to get back into it when I get out but I don't know how many of the codes have changed.