News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

GSXR Bellypan / Tech Inspection???

Started by xlr8tn, February 17, 2003, 06:11:38 AM

xlr8tn

I own a 98 GSXR600.  Rule states that GSXR's need to come to tech inspection with bellypan removed.  What is the best way to do this without destroying your bodywork and keeping in mind the tech lines and safety.  Last year I saw people with bellypans on their head, draped over the tail section...stuff falling of as they push their bike up with everything else.  Let's face it, if you don't have a team to help, it's pretty difficult to do this in one pass.  Couldn't tech use a flashlight and mirror?  The oil filter is easily seen, so I'm guessing it's just the oil plug that's hard to see.  Last year I had to leave the bellypan behind and get the bike teched, but had to go back to get final approval one the inspector saw the condition of the bellypan.

Any other suggestions on a better way?

sportbikepete

If you can not manage then bring your belly pan over to tech before bringing your bike and leave it there.

sdiver68

Most of the time, they never asked to see the bellypan, so I never brought it.  Was only asked to bring it over once.  Just my experience.

It is kind of hard to bring everything (safety equipment) at once unless you have help.  I found it easiest to just put everything on, maybe this year I'll find a large bag with a shoulder strap...
MCRA Race School Instructor

TreyBone

xlr8tn

do you hook the cart to the bike or just hold on?  I have done the ... load the jeep with all the stuff...bellypan, gear, helmet... and drove it up to tech, then walked back to get the bike.