News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Provisional Novice status....

Started by prov431, April 15, 2002, 02:37:45 PM

prov431

I just got my provisional novice license and raced this past sat. at VIR. I did two races, a GTU and a sprint, both without incident and I finished both. Do I need to do more races to get to amateur status or do I now qualify? ( I plan on wearing the shirt another few races anyhow...I think its a good idea!) Was I supposed to have someone sign off that I completed the races? (I hope not!)
Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!
Dan

Litespeed

I may be wrong, but for my CCS license it was just a matter of completing the class and paying the licensing fee.  You are required to wear the shirt for your first weekend and I don't know of any probationary period.  I think it's probably stated in the rule book so you may check there.

sportbikepete

Cool topic I needed info on. Did CCS give you the green shirt or did you need to bring your own?

Litespeed

The race school instructor provided us with blue ones.  You have to wear them your first race weekend and then I guess it would be optional beyond that.

r6_philly

If you paid your fees, you should get your license. I just got mine today though.

Congrats on the school finish and getting your license, you guys did great!

I remember lapping a regular  before lapping a blue shirt. He was riding great (not sure if it was you). I am sure you will be upfront beating us in no time :)

prov431

Thanks for the replies and good wishes everyone. I appreciate it a lot.
At the end of the Cornerspeed school, Aaron handed out black shirts with an "X" on the back. Pretty cool shirts I say. I wore mine for my first 2 races, and will probably continue wearing it just for safety sake a while longer. I kinda like it.
When I registered for my first 2 races, they handed me a temp. license and said the regular one would be mailed. I was just wondering if they were mailing me a license that says PN on it or Amateur? Not that it matters....I dont care either way...just wondering if I managed to do all of the paperwork and etc. correctly or not.
I certainly didn't finish anywhere near the front on either race, although I did finish....and thats the important part.
My riding is coming along, and maybe one day if I'm real lucky I'll knock some seconds off the enormous lap times Im getting!! :)  If not, at least Im having fun and being safe.
Later!

r6_philly

I saw you with the "X" :D

Good luck in the furute. See ya at summit

r6_philly

I saw you with the "X" :D

Good luck in the furute. See ya at summit

How did you finish? what time were u doing. You know they were 2 experts doing 50's :) maybe they were learing the track

Litespeed

Speaking of fast "shirts", there was a guy on a GSXR1000 that got his school in sat and raced unlimited GP on Sunday.  Not only was he fast, he got an 8th place start and picked his way to 4th by the end.  The guy had tons of canyon experience but never had been on a race track.

I am also thinking that CCS has no Provisional status, you either have a license or you don't.

CCS

We have no provisional novice status, as Litespeed said, you are either licenesed or you are not.

Good Luck and welcome to CCS!
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Gixxer124

I was supposed to wear a shirt? That might of scared those experts that I beat. :D

prov431

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I appreciate it a lot.
I entered two races, a 30 minute GTU and a sprint. I The GTU was red flagged a little past the half way point and the sprint went the full distance. I finished at the back...although not last. I wouldnt care either way though, as long as I finished and was safe. I had a lot of fun.
I had a lot of work done to the bike by GMD on Saturday and this is only the second weekend Ive run the bike, so Im still very much learning how to ride it well.
My lap times sucked, 1:54 ...but im not complaining, that just means Ive got a lot of room for improvement.
As for the provisional novice status...gotcha. WERA has that for two race weekends...and I assumed CCS was similar.
I plan on getting my WERA license to better take advantage of VIR track time....so I have one more weekend to do to get bumped to amateur in WERA once I get the license.
I'll be wearing the "X" for awhile....so you'll know Im the new slow guy!  ;D
Thanks again!